Chapter 33

Selena's P.O.V.

Pitch black is all I see until I awaken my heavy eyes. My weak body weights me down when all I wish to do is run. As I attempt to sit up, the room spins and I fall back to the cold floor. There is no sight of Justin. . . nor Cody. There is only a bed setting with a dirty and torn mattress. Blood is draped over the tiled white floor. I reach up to touch the massive pressure on my head but end up with blood dripping down my arm. Despair washes over me and all I can do cry.

Why won't my weakness ever cease? All I can ever do is cry.

Where's Emory? What have they done with her?! Where's Justin?

What are they planning on doing with me?

"Don't worry, doll. You're safe."

My body jumped up as soon as the raspy horrid voice spoke up. But as much as I searched and stared, I couldn't make out who he was. He is hiding in the shadows like a thief of the night.

"Who are you?" I whisper, my eyes still searching.

His steps scratch against the hard floor as he walks forward. As much as I need to run away, my body won't move a muscle. I'm in a stupor.

He steps into view, grinning like he'd just won a prize. It's him. It's the man they sold me to when Justin decided he no longer wanted me. It's Martin.

"By the look on your face, I can tell you remember me," he chuckles. "I wouldn't expect any less. A man such as myself is hard to forget."

He lowers down to my level and grasps my face in his dirty, sweaty hands. I can't find my voice. I'm stripped of my strength. I sit here, lost and alone, completely paralyzed. Tears form in my eyes but won't fall. He sniffs from my temple to my neck, like an animal analyzing it's dinner, before letting out an exasperated breath.

"You smell as lovely as ever!" He laughs that venomous laughter. "I know we didn't have the time I wanted last time but my, my the pretty penny you cost me for one night."

For one night? At last, I gather the strength to push him and scatter myself away from him till my back hits the freezing wall. He simply laughs and bounces around like a manic. My body trembles with fear as I hug my legs, praying this is nothing more than a nightmare. This wouldn't be the first one.

"Fight me all you want but I'll have you tonight. And you will be a delight!"

All I manage to do is shake my head over and over again. I push my legs towards me tighter and tighter, hoping that I'll roll into a ball and disappear forever. The squeaky door bursts open with a flash of hot wind. Several more men gather around me all bickering with their gawking eyes.

"Well, she is beautiful," one says.

"Look at that soft skin," another says.

"She looks terrified."

"They say she's still a virgin."

"Is it true you paid for it, Martin?"

"Yes and if everything works out in my favor, you dirty assholes will never lay a finger on her," he chuckles.

They all burst into laughter like a pack of hyenas. "Always wanting everything for yourself, Martin. You must learn to share."

One man, who I dare not stare at, kneels beside me and caresses my cheek. I jerk away from his rough and cold touch. But he only laughs.

"Oh, she's feisty," he hisses.

"Say, gentlemen," another speaks up, "What would you say to having a little fun right now?" They all laugh along with the sound of clapping hands.