𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 : 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐲

"𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧."

Wells and I didn't talk for the rest of the time in the forest after that. Neither of us knowing what to say.

We had gathering quite a lot of dirt covered wood. The drop ship entered our views again and we walked to the entrance of the ship. Chucking the logs to the side of it, wood clashing together to create cracking noises.

I wiped my dirty hands on my jeans in attempt to tidy them up slightly. Brown still covering areas of my small hands.

Murphy and another boy walk up to the pair, they both had smug smiles on their faces. "Find any water yet?" Wells shakes his head, "No, not yet, but, we are going back out if you want to come."

Wells stops and moves his eyes to the drop ship wall. My eyes shift to where he was looking, the words 'first son, first to dye,' were carved into it.

I hold back a laugh at the misspelling of the word die, the situation shouldn't be funny at all. It was actually rather disgusting.

"You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him." Murphy states staring at Wells.

Wells tilts his head forward as some indication that we were leaving. He pushes past Murphy, "You spelled die wrong, geniuses."

This time I didn't hold my laugh back, earning an evil glare from Murphy and his friend. Murphy quickly grabs my arm and leans next to my ear, "Watch out Princess, you might be next. That way you can know how your father felt."

I swing my arm as I land a harsh punch on the side of Murphys face causing him to stumble backwards. I was about to land another punch but two muscular arms tightly wrap around my torso and drag me away.

"Don't waste your time on him. He just wants a reaction out of us." Wells says, slowly releasing me. I huff with looking at my newly red knuckles. "Go on without me Wells, I need a rest."

He furrows his eyebrows, "You sure you want to be alone with these delinquents?" I nod, "Don't worry about me I'll be fine, stay safe out there."

He nods before limping away from me slowly. My feet drag me towards the drop ship, a yawn escaping my lips. "Guess the Princess is alone now. No prince to save her this time." Murphy taunts from behind me.

I turn around and I cross my arms, "Is that bruise on your face not enough to shut you up?" Murphy steps towards me, slapping me harshly in the face. My hands rush to my face at the stinging sensation.

"Hey Murphy. Back off, you've done enough. Leave the girl alone." Bellamy demands as he strides up to us. "You got lucky this time." Murphy hisses at me before stomping away.

A breath of relief leaves my plump lips, "Thank you." He lowly chuckles, "I think I saved him from you. The bruise you gave him looked pretty nasty."

"He deserves it for being such a prick." I respond while crossing my arms. "How's your face?" He asks while his brown eyes roam around the slightly red hand mark that Murphy had left.

"Hurts but I'll survive." I joke, lighting the mood a bit. He nods before walking away, looking back at me once before he's fully out of my sight.