𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲

"𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩, 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝."

Octavia and I hung meat on the hooks. Sweat dripping down our foreheads from the heat. "Let's get this party smoking," Del says as he places more wood on the fire.

"You don't want the fire too big so maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." Octavia tells him, continuing to fidget with the meat.

Del gives her a nasty look, "You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" I step forwards, crossing my arms defensively.

"What's your problem?" I ask him. He steps closer to me, looking me up and down. "No problem here." He licks his lips before grinning smugly.

Murphy cuts in, "She's right. A hot fire isn't going to preserve meat as well." Dal turns around to look Murphy, "Well, if you can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse."

Dal continues talking, "You should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp."

I scoff at him, "I reckon you should be the next one to leave." He narrows his eyes at me before walking away, "Just keep working."

Murphy swiftly changes the subject, "Your brother couldn't get you a better job? Anything would be better than working in the meat furnace."

"Oh probably." Octavia sighs, "That just means someone else would have to do it."

I fan my face with my hand as the smokehouse increases in heat, "Is it getting hotter in here?" I look at the entrance, the flames growing on the walls.

"We need to leave now," I say while coughing. I rush as I push Murphy and Octavia outside, following behind them. I watch in shock as the entire smokehouse burns before my eyes.

Finn touches my shoulder, "Are you okay?" I nod in response, placing my hands on my knees.

Murphy rushes up to Dal, "This is all your fault. We told you it was too much wood." Murphy proceeds to punch Dal in the face, the two grabbing each other aggressively.

There goes Murphys peaceful streak. Dal did deserve it though, he was a prick.

Bellamy steps in between the two of them, pushing them both backwards. "Hey, stop. Save it for the grounders."

"Bell, now what the hell are we going to do?" Octavia complains, "That was all the food." My thoughts immediately go back to the Jobi Nuts. We could have a wild time while being in war with the grounders.

☆ ☆ ☆

Bellamy yells directing everyone on what we should do, "Each group take someone with a gun. But they're for killing grounders, not good. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can and be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."

I grab a spear that was leaning on the wall, wrapping my pale fingers around the wood. Bellamy grabs my wrist, raising his eyebrow at me. "Not you."

I groan as I tilt my head back, "Why not?" Bellamy looks at me seriously, letting go of my wrist. "I know what you're like, you're probably going to end up hurt."

"Yeah, but I know that Prince Charming will save me." I reply as I pinch Bellamys cheeks. He swats my hands away, looking around to see if anyone saw. "You're not going to give up are you?"