Beyond The Wall

Arthur and Merlin went up the hill while still diverging in their discussion about future plans for how to shape Westeros. It suddenly ended however when a hundred thousand faces all simultaneously looked over their direction.

Such scruffy features of the men along with the apparent dirt-covered ones of the females and younglings. Everyone paused at whatever it was they were doing and just stared. The Wilding-infested camp surrounded the duo of newcomers with an intention of inflicting harm. But lucky for them, Mance Rayder arrived to save both their asses.

"Merlin!" Mance's voice boomed across the field. "Finally, what the hell took you so damn long, huh?"

"I'm terribly sorry to keep you all waiting." Merlin answered while sweating bullets. "But it's only been a mere 2 hours since I've left, hasn't it?"

Then, surprisingly, the King-Beyond-The-Wall whispered quietly to him this: "Hours of restlessness for my people, they didn't take my news well. The main reason they're even here is to slit the throat of that kneeler of yours!"

"You told them that I'm a kneeler?" Arthur joined.

"I'm guessing you're Arthur Pendragon?" Mance asked while extending out his arm for the teenage boy to shake.

"And you must be Mance Rayder." Arthur greeted while playing coy. Of course, he knew who the old man was. He binged the whole show, after all.

"Well, enough dilly-dallying..." Merlin got in between the both of them before shouting a random word at the crowd. "OBLIVIATE!"

A spell straight from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, only with slight modifications made by Merlin himself. The forgetfulness charm displayed furious acceleration like a bull charging at it's opponent's cape. The white mist clouded each one of the Free folk's eyes and glowed bright.

Merlin reached for the skies and commanded a heap ton of clouds to form a ferocious-looking dragon. And instantly, day turned to night as little suns formed all around, stars. Finally, he was done when everything went dark and the light died down.

"Harry Potter?"Asked Arthur.

"Correctamundo!" Merlin affirmed.

Arthur then pushed pass Merlin to gaze his new people, but got worried about how much they were not moving. Statues, thought young Pendragon because that is indeed what the Free folk would look like to anyone in this moment specifically.

"What'd you do to them?" Arthur finally voiced his concerns.

"Worry not, Arthur. I only altered their minds. As you witness initially, they weren't really fond of us being here. So, for the first out of three helping hands you'll ever attain from me, the Free folk will willingly see you as their one and only leader. And they'll come around any minute now..."

"But how will this affect everything moving forward?"

"What do you mean?"

"In one wiki page, they don't really serve or kneel for anyone, the Wildlings are a free civilisation and won't follow the ways of southerners — in fact, they scowl at their traditions. By using an altered version of the forgetfulness charm, you would be changing their memories."

"Exactly, It'd be easier that way, won't it? Imma save us the time and hardship trying to convince your people of accepting you as their ruler!"

Arthur only sighed. He never expected things to be easy. But by doing this, he knew backlash will crash right into him later on in the story. "Fine..."

"Why? You don't like my altercation?"

"No, I suppose I just have to roll with it. Proper consequences shall later appear though, I bet."

"I can change it back if you want."

"No, no! It's alright, Merlin." Arthur shook his head and reluctantly accepted his buddy's gift, not wanting to sound rude. "Thank you!"

Silence. "So... are they just gonna stand there all day?"

"My spell is one by one changing every experience they had growing up. Stories they've heard, and stories they've told. There must've been way more than I expected."

***

In the amount of time it took — a little over half an hour — Arthur and Merlin decided to check the wall, a colossal structure made out of ice. It reaches the massive heights of 700 feet and marks across a distance of 300 miles. Impressive, it truly was. But also intimidating.

"You really think we can destroy such a beast?"

"Destroy?" Arthur raised Merlin an eyebrow. "What made you think I want to destroy this thing?"

"Well, isn't it standing too much in the way? It'd be a nuisance in conquering Westeros, don't you think so, Arthur?"

"I do. Yet if it managed to keep Wildlings at bay from the seven kingdoms for so many years, then I'd imagine it working all the same against them."

"You plan on using the wall as your kingdom's line of defence?"

"Of course. With a few minor modifications here and there, I doubt any stowaways or intruders could penetrate through."

After that quick scouting mission, both off-worlders decided to walk back towards camp in the hope of Arthur's people finally becoming conscious. He can't wait to organise a whole country from the beginning, building it into a feared empire soon enough. And lucky for them, all the Free folk's minds were intact and fully renewed. Although, they did resemble zombies just wandering around aimlessly athwart their own base of operations.

"OI, YOU LOTS!" A man yelled. "THE KING HAS RETURNED, SHOW SOME DECENCY TO HIS GRACE!"

And show respect they did. All gathered, surrounding Arthur Pendragon and kneeled before him, each naming the boy their one and only king. Needless to say, he was enjoying the moment, like a proper new-turned royal would.

"LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING!" The words repeated over and over again until sunlight faded peaceful down the hills.