The Search For Dragonglass

"I trust that you've already seen Ygritte?"

"Yes, I had, Merlin."

"Did all went well?"

"Very much so. Soon, she might be the only one we need wielding guns."

"Then, why bring a whole garrison unit along with us?"

"Precautions, Merlin, that's all they are. Before, I know not much of Ygritte's skills, she was an archer. A good one, but I have yet to know how good. If it turns out that a sniper is too much for her to handle, then I'll be glad I took others."

"Well, aside from her, who else do you plan on recruiting?"

"Arya Stark."

"The wolf?"

"Who else?"

"That's an interesting choice, Arthur, considering the child's only a mere 9-year-old."

"Have you ever watched Game of Thrones, Merlin? Or read the books?"

"No, I haven't. I actively avoid spoilers."

"Then, I would appreciate it if you don't question my tactics. Arya Stark is the perfect candidate, a worthy chevalier of Britannia. Just sit back and enjoy the show, after this Great War arc is where the real fun begins."

"If you say so."

"Say, what have you been doin this past few weeks? You've been off doing your own thing lately, any news happening in the town?"

"No, not really, just a bunch of slobs drinking gin and vodka. They're addicted to the stuff, who ever knew the land of always winter would be rich in alcohol?"

"Yes, that is quite surprising. Although it's not necessarily required. A mountain heaps of alcohol, but any strategic resources are zero. None to be found miles away from here."

"What are you hoping to find exactly? You long for more, but you already have an army worth's of weapons lying around and collecting dusts."

"You tell me. What resources are highly valuable here in this world, but is non-existent in mine?"

"Well, there are loads, I'm not entirely sure what you want me to say, Arthur."

He stood up from his icy throne, and marched towards the sorcerer. "Dragonglass, Merlin, Dragonglass. There is no way that we can kill the wights or the white walkers with just bullets. I intend to find Dragonglass, and form them into custom-made gun ammo for Ygritte."

"I see." Arthur walks past him, and he follows. "But couldn't you just wish some? You still have all five of them available."

"I'd rather not, I know there are some here. I just needed to locate where they are."

"Where're you heading?"

"To see the progress of my people. I've already established Britannia here for more than a year, but I still haven't taken the time to witness it grow firsthand. As a king, I would like to have clear visibility over my empire."

"Then, I'll come with. There's not much for me to do here in the castle, it's pretty much empty."

"About that, I should probably hire guards, huh? Helpers, maids, and the sort. So many people, but it would be an embarrassment if the southerners labeled us as a non-diligent civilization."

"Do as you please."

Just as the duo exited the doors, a man with a scruffy beard came towards them. "Your Grace, we have returned!"

"Giantsbane, right?"

"Yes, Your Grace, it is always an honor to be at your presence." He says kneeling.

"Find anything?"

"No, it's all empty. We've searched all around here, but it's just snow along with more snow."

"Then, keep searching. You're bound to find some sooner or later."

"But, Your Gra—"

"Keep searching."

"Yes, Your Grace." He bowed before immediately leaving."

"I see you've appointed hi—"

"Merlin, what exactly did you do to them?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, last week, when I taught Ygritte about the sniper, it's like she had reverted back to being her old self. For a short time, her demeanor changed, and was even aware of the whole kneeler name they call the actual southerners. Didn't you alter their minds to forget their whole culture?"

"Sort of. Like I said, I wanted amusement, so I made it so they have their own thoughts. They remember their life before you, but I made it so they remember being a more civilized tribe of people. They think that they had past kings before you, even a whole kingdom. Unfortunately that so-called kingdom was destroyed by the white walkers. Now, they acknowledge you as the one who will lead them agains the perpetrators."

"Creating your own storyline, Merlin?"

"Hey, a man has to have something he could entertain himself. Mine is your rule."