Wildling Sniper

"Aim steady now. Deep breath in. Hold it. Fire." A loud bang was emitted. Arthur wouldn't be surprised if many people came running their way, the loud noises were happening all afternoon.

Arthur lowered down his binoculars to tell Ygritte, the one who've shot, missed. "Fuckin' hell. How do people use this thing? It, like, pushes you back!"

"That's normal. That's why I told you to lay down."

"But you don't shoot a bow lying down."

"For the tenth time, Ygritte, your not using a bow."

She grunted, and finally caved in. She laid flat on her stomach and repositioned herself as comfortable as she can. "Use the bipod."

"The what?" Arthur has to reach for her gun and lecture her every part of it. He could have done that at the start, but Ygritte refused to budge, too high of a pride and all that.

It took no longer than 15 minutes for the lesson to be learned by Ygritte, which actually impressed Arthur. Now, he can actually tell that she was taking this whole sniper training seriously.

"Alright, I think I get it."

"Do you?"

"Yeah, this is the, um, scope?" She said pointing at the barrel.

"Shit, wait, no! This is the scope!"

"Go on."

"This long thing is the barrel?"

"What else?"

"The ass."

"Close enough. But rather than repeating what I said, do you actually know how they all function as one?"

Again, she looks down. Not a word came out of her mouth, pride blocking the exit. She couldn't admit how little she knew, even if it would be the best of her options.

"Alright, another 15 minutes should do it." They quickly went over the sniper basics. All of them mostly came from the internet, Arthur made a mental to teach Ygritte for when they actually arrive, and here they are.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Third time's the charm. She finally hit the piece of paper Arthur stuck to a tree. 51 yards from where they were standing, average sniping distance back in his world.

"See? Told ya I'm the best."

"From where I came from, a Canadian soldier was able to get a confirmed kill thousands of yards away. If we compare you to him, then you are not even close to reaching the top of the mountain."

"A thousand yard shot? How is that even possible?"

"Don't forget the S, Ygritte, it wasn't just a thousand."

"Alright then. Fine, I may be shit right now, but I'm telling you, one day, I'll surpass that Cana— something person."

"Canadian."

"Yeah, him too." She picks up the gun and started marching backwards from her target. "A thousand yards, eh? That's easy."

"Child's play?"

"Child's play."

"I'll be off then. Good luck on honing your skills as Camelot's Red Death."

"Red Death? The fuck's that supposed to mean?"

"Think of it is a code name. From where I came from there was a man titled The White Death, a Finnish sniper who has the record for most kills. 505 tallied death, that's the number to beat."

"505, huh?" I've killed more than that. Loads, even."

"But not with a sniper."

"Where're you from, anyways? Finnish, Canadian, what do those names mean? Are they a kingdom?"

"Sort of, they're what the people who dwell in the kingdom are called. The kingdoms are named something else, but not all that different."

"What do we call ourselves then?" Arthur was intrigued once more.

"Our kingdom's called Britannia, right? Then, what do we call the ones who dwell in it?"

"Good question, I haven't thought of that, to be honest. It wasn't really that high of a priority."

"Well, if you ever figure that one out, tell me. I've been getting sick of the whole wildling name you kneelers have been calling us."

She was aware that Arthur was a quote-on-quote southerner. It seemed that whatever Merlin did to the Free folk, it didn't fully work on Ygritte. This made Arthur a lot more curious. A lot of questions are in store for Merlin later on.

"A kneeler, huh? That's no way to speak to your king, is it now?"

Ygritte immediately noticed her mistake and dropped her left knee. "I am terribly sorry, Your Grace. I did not mean to utter such words, forgive my insolence, I swear it won't happen again."

"No, it's alright, I really don't mind. But if you could, drop the whole Your Grace thing. It's actually getting a bit annoying."

"Yes, immediately, Your Gra—" She bit her tongue.

"Just Arthur's fine."

"Arthur."