Boyfriend & Girlfriend

The major part of the day of the party was spent in all the preparatory stuff, a girl has to go through in order to make a decent public appearance. Well! I was no exception. I got washed, waxed and dried, got my stubborn brown curls straightened and styled and applied makeup more than I do usually. By five thirty, I was all dressed up in my blue short shimmery Barbie dress and was waiting for my date to show up. My mind drifted back to the high school farewell party I attended last year with Mohit by my side. I wish things would return to normal after tonight.

Since I had denied mom to pay for my outfit, she fulfilled her motherly contribution by buying me the most designer Cinderella style shoes to go with the dress. Seriously, these shoes were something else. It made me feel beautiful. I was still busy admiring the epitome of shoes when the doorbell rang downstairs. I collected the shimmery blue clutch to hold my phone and some cash and descended downstairs.

I could hear his throaty voice echoing through our living room while he talked to my mother by the door. As I reached the bottom, my mom stepped aside so that we could get a view of each other. Oh my!

He was wearing a suit. A suit! He had a black suit on paired with a blue shirt the same color of his eyes but a tad lighter than my outfit. I thought that he would clean up at least for the party but boy! This is not what I expected. He was looking! Wow! As I completed assessing his attire, it was then I noticed his face and his dumbfounded expression. He was staring at me, his deep blue eyes shooting holes. His expression was one of....intensity! I realized that this stare down was stretching too long specially with my mom standing here watching our expression, so I cleared my throat.

"You clean up well!" I remarked lightheartedly. My comment seemed to break him from his trance finally. He blinked twice and smirked Samar style.

"Well! I came up with some unexpected money a few days before, so I thought...why not" he gestured towards his suit with his patent cockiness. Proud son of a bitch!

"It was so nice to meet you dear" my mom spoke up. Samar abruptly turned to her voice as if he suddenly realized that she was here too. " Tammy never mentioned about you. I thought you were going with Juno" she turned towards me.

" Samar is my classmate mom. Didn't you tell me, I should try and make new friends. That's what I am trying to do" And go get my boyfriend back with his help!

Samar gave a sarcastic smile on my comment as if sharing an inside joke with himself and extended his hand towards me. "Shall we?"

Twice in ten minutes, my heart fluttered at his gesture. What the hell is wrong with me! Focus Tee! I cleared my throat and put my hand on his. "I'll be back by midnight Mom" I addressed my mother who was busy eye assessing Samar with a faint smile. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Oh! Don't worry sweetie" mom broke out from her faze and addressed me with extreme cheerfulness. " It's a special night for you kids. Don't worry about the curfew" Seriously! Where's my responsible parent!

I sighed and decided to dissolve the awkwardness by leaving. "Cool! See you mom" Hand in hand with my boyfriend, I left for the night of my life.

We had already decided that we would be taking my Dad's car since there was no way in hell that I would be making my first public appearance with my boyfriend arriving on his pink Scooty. Paleez! And since I could not allow anyone else to drive my Dad's car, I was driving my date to the party. Huh! I could feel his eyes lingering on me from the passenger side, but I did not ponder upon it. Frankly speaking, I was shit scared and he can ogle me as much as he wanted as long as he performed well.