6. Mahiru x Sato - Lunch time

< Mahiru's PoV >

Like always, I went to the Reserve Course building to spend lunchtime with my girlfriend, Sato. This time, she wasn't waiting outside her classroom, but I heard two voices from inside.

"Don't you get in my face and threaten me, like I'm some basic bitch!"

"Leave Mahiru alone and we don't have a problem!"

The second voice was definitely Sato's, about the first one, I wasn't so sure. What is going on in there? I quickly made my way to the back of the classroom, where I saw Sato and Natsumi fighting. A boy with brown hair was watching them, he seemed overwhelmed.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want!" Natsumi was screaming.

"What are you gonna do? Send one of your yakuza flunkies on me?"

Why were they so angry? "Please Sato, don't do this." I could finally step in.

"Mahiru?" She must have not noticed me earlier, she was too caught up in the fight.

"Well, well, we were just talking about you. I can't imagine why any leap from the main course would come down here." What is wrong with her?!

"Sato and I-" I barely even started my sentence before she interrupted me.

"Wait, lemme guess, you just want to mock these talentless meat sacks." Everyone in the room glared at us now, while Natsumi gave me and evil grin.

Sato was really angry, but I didn't know how to calm her down.

"Hey, come on! Enough already." The brown haired boy next to us decided to speak up.

To that, Natsumi just laughed ."Jeez, I'm pulling you're leg."

"Yeah, well you better be. Your brother is in the same class as Mahiru."

"That ain't gonna save you. Snitches get stiches or they end up with toe tags. Catch my drift."

They still fought and Natsumi was just about to punch Sato. "Stop it already!" I screamed.

Sato pulled me away. "Come on, lets go."

We stopped at our usual lunch spot and sat on the bench.

"Anyway, it was my turn to bring lunch today" I said as I pulled out the bento I prepared for the both of us.

"Right, what did you make this time? I bet it's something awesome." She seemed so much more relaxed already. "Oh, and thank you for always spending your lunch with me."

"Why would I not? I like spending time with you and you're my girlfriend, so why would I not?"

"Yeah, but it's so much of your valuable time-" I interrupted her with a quick peck on the lips.

"You know I would spend at least 25 hours a day with you, if I could."

"Hehe, too bad days aren't long enough."

I snuggled onto her and we spend the rest of our lunch talking.