Chapter 4: Earth and Things

"So humans sleep to gain more energy?" I ask, Ari, she has been teaching me about human life. So far I've learned that humans need to sleep to gain energy unlike gods who don't sleep, we meditate to maybe restore some lost energy when we had to use alot of energy in one time, they age, obviously, but apparently they grow to be 80 or something. They have jobs to obtain money to do everything and anything. 
I don't see why they hold money so high when it's just a piece of refined cotton, why not just use cotton? Then there are things like presidents and monarchy similar to the gods in a way but not completely. Alot of stuff really, human world is wierd. "and what is a werewolf?" Remembering Pandeia's last words. "They are creatures created by our grandmother, Selene, the moon goddess. They are humans with the ability to shift onto a wolf. Humans don't know about them because they live in secluded areas like the woods."
Oohhh.
"They do however live like humans, some have jobs and everything." It sounds complicated. "This is alot." I lie on the couch and take all the information. "It'll be fine Seleia, it'll take some time but you'll get use to it." Mel moped. "I'm hungry!" She moaned. "Don't worry Mel, I'll make some sandwiches." Mel pumped her fist in the air. "What's a sandwiches?" I ask. "Oh bambino, so much to learn in only a year." she chuckles.
"Why is Mel hungry? We don't really get hungry"
Mel groaned.
"I know! But my mother had this tradition to eat together even if it was not necessarily essential to us. She wanted to bond and so now it is kind of like a tradition and an annoying habit." Mel grumbled while Aria laughed.
"I agree."

"Tomorrow we start with high school, this is so stupid. I already know everything." Mel complained. "Oh just eat your sandwich." Ari says while giving us each a plate, it looks like two slices of something and stuff was placed between it. "It's called bread, the green stuff is lettuce, red stuff is tomato and the yellow stuff is cheese." I take a bite and oh Olympus. "It's delicious!" I happily scarf down the sandwich. Mel and Ari laughs at me. "Oh Bambino, this is gonna be fun." Mel says. "Welp, I'm gonna go and to the human ritual to gain energy, which helps me absolutely not." She sass and walks up to her bedroom, leaving just me and Ari.
"Can I ask a question Macaria?" She sits on the couch on front of me. "Yes, go ahead."
"You don't have to answer or anything, but, why are so so, uhm, well soft and Melinoe is like, well Melinoe?" She giggles. "It's the way we were born is the easiest answer. We are yin-yang, we were born from the same womb, I absorbed the light and she the darkness. She has good in her to, like I have a little darkness. But this is how we are." I see. "And well, I'm the goddess of blessed death, can't be consumed with darkness now can I?" She smiles and I smile back. "That's really interesting."

We chat a little bit more, naturally I'm trying to consume every ounce of knowledge she gives me. She introduced me to this device called TV. Apparently there is a bunch of information on it for me to learn about. She also warned me about a thing she calls entertainment shows where the main purpose was to just use it for fun where you learn absolutely nothing of value. I was quite amazed by the device. "Oh Seleia, if you want you can go swim in the ocean. Just make sure you are far enough if you want to transform into your goddess form oky?" She tells me while handing me a cup of hot chocolate. "Oh alright, thank you. I'll do that later tonight."
"I'm going to go to bed now, call if you need me." She leaves to her bedroom and now I'm left alone. I was freaking out by what this year will bring.