three

After skating for another hour at the rink, the two left, hand in hand for Novalyn's car

After skating for another hour at the rink, the two left, hand in hand for Novalyn's car. She was driving them away from the city, and the whole drive there, Tony was joking about how it was all part of her master plan to murder him.

In reality, she brought him to a secluded field where the stars were more easily seen without the large towers and buildings in New York City. She grabbed the whiskey and scotch in her trunk and spread out a blanket on the hood of her car.

The two laid down and drank alcohol while staring at the bright stars that glittered and twinkled. It was a simple round of stargazing in silence until Novalyn started a round of twenty questions.

"So, you're a disco chick?" asked Tony.

"I prefer disco gal. It's more polite. Favorite movie?"

"Westworld's a pretty good movie," he answered. "You?"

"Mary Poppins."

He sat up on the hood, elbows supporting his weight from behind. "Mary Poppins? Nova, that's more musical than movie."

"Hey, you can't dish on my taste. Don't bug out."

Tony scoffed. "I'm not buggin' out."

She screwed her eyes shut. "Talk to the hand."

"Well, aren't you all that and a bag of chips?" he sarcastically retorted.

She giggled, taking another swing of the whiskey in her hand before handing it off to Tony who grabbed it and gave her the scotch.

She sighed dreamily. "I know, I know, I'm so pretty."

He rolled his eyes. "You're talking to me, right?"

"For sure, home skillet. You're stuck with me now."

Tony never had a real friend who didn't want him for his money, let alone have a real home skillet. He was sure Novalyn knew who he was, but she hadn't mentioned it at all tonight.

"Well, home skillet, you can't drive like that," retorted Tony.

She snorted, reaching up to pinch his nose together and wiggle it. "Neither can you. Guess we'll camp out here in the car."

He raised an eyebrow. "Was that your plan the whole time? To get me alone? Could have said so."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't get my freak on with just anyone. Besides, we're friends now. That would just be weird."

He shrugged, laying down on his back. "Guess you're right. So who do you get your freak on with?"

She giggled. "Well, first time, her name was Gracelyn - "

"A girl?"

"Shush."