Chapter 12

'Oh, yeah. He did. Well, guess we'll find out later.' He shrugged, and I stared at him. He's kidding right?

'You're kidding right?' He turned to look at me, and raised an eyebrow at me. 'No. Why?'

I facepalmed. 'Well, it could be dangerous.' He scoffed. 'Dangerous? Really, Nico?'

'What? It could be!' He rolled his eyes just as the other entered the room. Nearly forgot about them...

'What could be?' I sighed and put my paperwork down, admitting the fact that I won't get anything done tonight. At least I can't die.

'Something could be something. Not your problem.' Scar-head rolled his eyes and walked to his bed, a few seconds later imitated by the other boys.

Is life better now? Yes, life will be better now! Because Will makes life better! Am I being cheesy. I don't particularly like cheese... except if it's cheese in happy meal. Then cheese is accepted.

Happy Meal!

Time to sleep, Nico. Am I talking to myself in the third person? Yes, yes I am.

Oh my gods life is just so exhausting and everything and even when I'm not fighting monsters and all this shit there still is a problem and why can't things go smoothly and easily for just five minutes and great now I'm rambling and I should stop but what the holy fucking hell is happening right now and shit.

Right, shit.

Harry had a dream but it's not a dream it's like a vision and there was a snake and blood and Ron's father and well that's bad. Sorry, I'm rambling again.

Will and I went with Harry and the Weasleys, because we, for one, were supposed to go the Grimauld Place for Christmas, and two because we're supposed to protect Harry. But no one knows that, so shh.

Sirius gave us all butterbeer, and we waited in silence.

A flame appeared in midair, startling everyone. 'Fawkes!' What's Fawkes? 'That's not Dumbledore's writing - it must be a message from your mother - here -'

Sirius gave the parchment that appeared with the flame to one of the Wealsey twin, and he read it aloud. 'Dad is still alive. I am setting out for St Mungo's now. Stay where you are. I will send news as soon as I can. Mum.'

He looked around the table. 'Still alive... but that makes it sound...'

'Like the possibilities of him dying are high.' Will smacked me behind the head as everyone glared at me. 'What!? I was just stating the facts!'

We waited all night long, and I took the opportunity to do some paperwork. Am I an opportunist. Yes, yes I am. And Will was asleep, so no chatting with my boyfriend. Insert sad emoji here. I think in emojis. Do emojis even exist in the nineties?

It doesn't matter Nico back to your paperwork! Yes brain.

It's weird to say that, but it's quite interesting, really. I'm not even gonna try and explain, but you can trust me, it's interesting. Wait, do you? Do you trust me?

Back to the matter on hand Nico! Yes, right. Michael Jackson's death. I remember him, Percy showed me his music. I prefer AC/DC, honestly. Shh, it's my choice, I don't care what you think. Fall Out Boy is great, and Imagine Dragons too, but I feel like they're talking about me in their songs. I like Panic! At the Disco, Seconds of Summer and One Direction too. Should I stop? Yes, yes I should. Should I stop saying yes, yes I should? No, no I shouldn't. I also like LINKIN PARK, their music's cool. That's not the subject Nico!

I'm just thinking about something; why do we need to protect the golden trio? Well, Harry, but at this point it's the same thing. Yes, why? Can't he protect himself?

It has been at least four days since we all sat down at this table and started waiting for something to happen. Sooooooooooooo boring. I glanced at the clock. It has been four hours...

Oh my gods I am dying of boredom. I'm gonna be that one demigod who died the most less-heroic death! That didn't make sense...

But this is boring! And a bit repetitive too. The paperwork, I mean. Can't Will just wake up? He's supposed to wake with the sun!

The sun will rise in one hour.

Okay, I have to wait an entire hour.

Breath, Nico. Oh my god I'm bored!

Am I rambling about how bored I am? Yes, yes I am!

Sometimes around five in the morning, the door swung open and Mrs Wealsey entered the kitchen. She was pale but smiled when everyone turned to look at her. 'He's going to be all right. He's sleeping. We can all go and see him later. Bill's sitting with him now; he's going to take the morning off work.'

Everyone cheered and I smiled at Will, happy that everything turned out alright for the Weasleys.

'Breakfast!' announced Sirius. 'Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!'
He didn't answer. 'Oh, forget it, then. So, it's breakfast for - let's see - nine... bacon and eggs, I think, and some tea, and toast - '

He turned to Will like he just realized he was here. 'Who are you?'

I placed my arm on Will's shoulder and glared at Sirius. 'That's Will. He's the other exchange student. Dumbledore invited him to stay here for Christmas.'

He seemed surprised but let it slide with an eye roll. What is it with those people and rolling their eyes?

Maybe if they continue they'll find a brain back here.

I quickly walked to the - what do you call it again? - where the plates where and leaped put the table. I don't wanna interrupt the Weasley's happiness.

Harry suddenly went to Sirius and asked him to have a quick word. They walked into the dark pantry.

Great, he's keeping secrets now. How can I do my job if he keeps secrets? Hum? Easy, I don't do it.

Which is what I cannot do!

Because I have to do my job!

And none of what I just said makes any sense! Sorry. Why am I apologizing? I shouldn't. Sorry.

Argh!