A Pebble on The Path

Y/n: Eh?

He turns to look at the female that asked the question, it was Ruby. The Raider that he didn't want to see while leaving with the knight.

Ruby: You heard me! What are you doing with this knight?

Ruby points at the knight. The knight puts her shield up to put up a defense if needed. Y/n put an arm in front of the knight.

Y/n: We're leaving to deal with the people that attacked your village.

Ruby: Well i'm coming with yo-

Y/n: no

He put his arm down and walked towards Ruby.

Y/n: You need to protect this village and help rebuild, without you who would protect this village.

Ruby: But... But can't you stay? We can plan together to go against that anonymous force!

Y/n: I can't, I will have to go with this knight, and go to the Samurai Region.

He turn towards the self protecting knight

Y/n: let's go

The Conq. nods and lowers her defenses, and began to walk down the path towards the Samurai Region. Y/n turns back to look at Ruby, looking a bit sad but he then sighed. He walked up to ruby and patted her head. She looks up at him, their eyes meet.

Y/n: Make sure you save me some mead when I get back.

Ruby smiled and he brought down his arm. He began to walk out of Grăd, onwards to the samurai region.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_Time Skip-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Y/n and the conq. were walking down a small path trees on both sides while the sun is slowly reaching noon and the birds songs and the only thing breaking the silence. Y/n looked the conq. not even know her name, but still being on her side.

Y/n: So uh... what's your name.

The Conq. jumped a bit, looking back at Y/n.

Conq: M-My names Abelia.

Y/n: Well, nice to meet you Abelia, I'm Y/n

He stuck out his while still walking. Abelia hesitantly grabbed and shook his hand. After a second they let go and put their hands down.

Y/n looked the river on the right side of the path. The path and river were separated by a small layer of trees. Y/n taps Abelia's shoulder then pointed at the river. She looks at Y/n then looks at where he's pointing. She licked her lips and realized she was thirsty. She nodded and they both walked towards the river.

Y/n opens the bag on his waist and pulls out a leather canteen and fills it up and takes a couple of swigs then passes it to Abelia. She also takes a couple of swings then fills it back up then closes it then hands it back to Y/n.

They continue to walk down the path. it was very peaceful as if there is no war happening. the more they walk the more it turns into a dense jungle.

It began to turn quiet almost too quiet but the river still was there. Y/n held up his fist, and they both stop to listen to they're surroundings.

-S I L E N C E-

they stood in place placing their hands on their weapons but didn't pull them out.

-SNAP-

The turned to quickly at where the noise came from. nothing was there but they kept their guard up.

The two waited, then a something was thrown. they dodged back a little then looked at the thing stuck in the tree. A kunai. The one who threw it stepped out from the brush. An Orochi walked past the two and picked up the kunai as they both looked at the Orochi.

Orochi: i guessing your heading towards Saizen-Sen, right?

The Orochi sounded feminine, and Before Y/n could speak, Abelia spoke over him

Abelia: yes we are going there.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Howdy, it's been a minute since i've continued this. I've just been lazy and haven't done anything in a while. i've slowly been updating and slowly getting it done but i'm just so lazy but i'll try to be fast and try to put more work in i promise. I didn't bring any gift or milk this time. :(