● CHAPTER ONE

=====

=====

.,-,*'''*°☆ chapter one ☆ : ❄°❅
»»--⍟--««

The beautiful ocean glittered in the last rays from the sun, making it look more.. mystical.

There sat a young girl in her late teens, raven-black hair cascading in waves down towards her mid-back. With eyes the colour that could rival even the most magnificent of oceans. She was beautiful, no doubt.

She sat staring at the distance, contemplating her choices for what was to come.

Should she stay here with all her loved ones? A place where everywhere she glanced, there were memories of the bloodshed. Of the friends, she had lost in the war. Of him.

Should she move to somewhere new, to start anew? A place where she could pick up the pieces of her life that had fallen apart and hopefully find a way to fix the mess that was herself.

Lost in her thoughts, she had not noticed the man emerging from the waves. In some ways, the man looked almost similar to the girl. With shaggy raven hair, the same shade as her as well as those alluring sea-green eyes. He was wearing a simple tee, with a pair of khaki shorts and sandals. Some would say they looked as if they were related.

He walked up to her and sat down. That simple action had pulled the young girl away from her spiralling thoughts and she glanced to him.

"Do you think I should go?"

The man faced her, gripping her hand reassuringly.

"Palithea, you are my daughter. Whichever path you choose to take for yourself, I shall support and offer you whatever guidance that I can. I'm sure your mother will say the same."

"Thanks, Dad."

They both just sat there, in each other's embrace, taking in the peaceful moment.

She walked up the stairs to the apartment. Her hands would not stop their relentless fidgeting. It was as if her ADHD was on full mode at this second.

Though that was completely reasonable.