● CHAPTER THREE

=====

,-,*'''*°☆ chapter three ☆ : ❄°❅»»--⍟--«« 

.,-,*'''*°☆ chapter three ☆ : ❄°❅
»»--⍟--««

Niklaus had not been having a good week. First, his plan to sire more hybrids like him had been a total failure. He just couldn't understand it. He had done everything that he had been told to do and yet, his hybrids had turned bloodthirsty and he had been forced to slaughter the lot of them. So much unnecessary bloodshed of a species that was already dwindling, to begin with.

The only highlight of his week had been his friend's constant texting and calling. But even that had gone away when Thea had texted him in the middle of the night—three days ago, saying that she had another family problem to sort out and handle and that she would be slightly preoccupied until further notice.

Niklaus would never admit it, but he was slightly disappointed that his closest friend had been forced to cut connections with him yet again. But he understood the importance of it. Family above all. Always and forever, he thought, remembering the oath he had made with his siblings that dreadful night, with a mix of longing and bitterness.

Though a part of him would never utter it aloud, he had grown quite fond of the green-eyed—sea-green if we were being specific—girl and her mysterious aura.

The unforeseen moment they had converged paths. Niklaus would cherish it, undoubtedly, until his dying days—which of course would never come being that he was, in fact, an immortal.

Niklaus had been roaming through the streets of Lyon, Paris. Though the desire to travel down memory lane and head to his favoured places here, was endearing, there was certainly no time for idle visits. Pressing matters were at hand, specifically regarding a rumour of a sudden violent surge of power that had sent tremors throughout the city, so powerful so that every supernatural being would've felt it. He simply had to figure out what—or rather who had been the cause of it and hopefully bring them to his side.

Turning around the corner, the rush of people heading about momentarily caused him a small amount of unease. He was already in a foul enough mood, he might well as end up murdering a few more people than necessary tonight. To make matters worse, a small goth-looking boy bumped into him and had the gall to glare at him with such soulless eyes. Niklaus thought he was bad enough but this boy... so small and yet, the aura he radiated was menacing enough to rival a god's wrath.

"Regardez vous allez!" He snapped at the boy.

"Non, Monsieur. Vous regardez vous allez!"

Niklaus growled, clearly unused to being put in his place by a mere boy. "Je vous demande pardon," he lifted an eyebrow. In the soft glow of the yellow-lit street, his eyes shined red. It was a neat trick he absolutely loved to use to show people he was the Alpha but this boy met him with that same dark stare. Niklaus couldn't help but feel as if he was seeing himself in a mirror. This boy could prove useful. He would have to tread lightly.