● CHAPTER TWO

=====

=====

.,-,*'''*°☆ chapter two ☆ : ❄°❅
»»——⍟——««

Thea was having the time of her life. In her months away, she hadn't realised how much he had come to miss their weekly meetings.

The two of them sat, across from each other, with big goofy smiles on their faces. They were catching up on what they had missed in the others lives. Of course, those tales had to be somewhat altered since neither of them knew of the other's secrets.

Him, the Original Hybrid.

Her, the Daughter of Poseidon.

Although the both of them had thought of telling each other—Truly, they would want nothing more than to get those secrets off their chests—there was the slight issue of them having a tiny problem called trust issues.

Neither of them wanted to put trust in people only to have that trust ripped to shreds.

"Wait, so you're telling me, you came all the way back to New York last night, just to see me? And you were in Memphis?!"

"Oh, don't sound so shocked, Lith. I'd drop everything I was doing just to come see you. Besides, it's been months. I quite missed your company."

Nik had just been telling her of what he'd been up to this Summer.

Apparently, he had been going on a 'little road trip' with an old friend of his. The last place he had been was Memphis and upon hearing that she was finally able to meet with him, he had driven all the way back to New York. Talk about commitment.

During their short time in each other's presence, she had noticed that there was something different about Nik. His aura was different. A weight had seemed to be lifted off his shoulders. Somehow, he looked happier than before, freer. Like, he had found a part of himself that was locked away.

She did not realise just how true she was.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to mention this." She exclaimed to him while taking a sip of her godly mocha frappuccino with crushed choc chips. Hmm...

He raised his brows, a flare of curiosity overflowing his being, "Mention what, exactly?"

"I'm leaving New York for a while. I wanna take a breath away from all the family drama."

The Original Hybrid had noticed that something was different about her. She seemed... off. Her usually bubbly and sarcastic personality had dimmed down into a slightly hardened composure.