07: We Should Talk All Night And Not Say A Word

Rosé

Houston Expo Center

Houston, Texas

8:56 PM, October 11th, 2019

---

(A/N: Don't play the song yet!!)

It was finally time. After an extreme amount of pestering, Jennie finally agreed that we could perform the limit of five songs. Really perform them. First I wanted to do the song that Zoe had requested, so while we were in the dressing room, I looked it up. It was a very soft and soothing, and I could see why she thought I'd sound good singing it. I listened to it five times, learning the lyrics as I went. The girls helped me get dressed, which I was grateful for. I was doing the solo cover, then we were doing DDU-DU DDU-DU first, then Hope Not. And then we'd do Kill This Love and Forever Young, and then we'd sign more autographs. To say I was plain old excited didn't cut it. I was ready to be back on the stage. I memorized the lyrics in ten minutes flat. I really wanted to give Zoe what she had asked for tonight. We stood in the elevator, then it took us up, displaying us to the crowd. Everyone cheered louder when they saw me standing. We walked up to the bench set out for us, and I sat down in the middle, raising the microphone to my lips. "Hello, everyone!" I said, and the crowd erupted. "So, a fan asked me if I'd do a cover of this song for her, and I agreed. This is a song called Firebird, alternate version, by a band called Owl City." Everyone cheered when I said the band name, so he must be pretty popular. I nodded at the soundbooth guy, and he started the music. I started singing the intro softly, and the crowd quieted down.

(A/N: Okay NOW play it)

---

"We used to talk all night and not say a word

When I would hop into your red Firebird

And, man alive, we would drive just to

Drive around, town

Cause in your car, we understood and

Figured out, that everything changes

Everything changes, oh."

I looked over at the others, and Lisa looked like she was going to cry. I sensed that she was probably thinking about her family. Jennie wrapped her arm around my shoulders, and I blushed.

"Tell me why I look back and I wanna cry

Sometimes I feel like we grew up too fast

You and I had the time of our younger lives

Sometimes I sigh and think about the past

But it's alright, cause everything changes."

Then I heard it, Lisa sniffling. We looked over at her and slid closer to her, wrapping our arms around her and rubbing her back.

"A basement full of boys building homemade bombs

AJ cut his finger and said

"Go get your mom."

I saw it all through the windshield of my white truck, Troy

Lots of ups, lots of downs, lots of growing-up

Cause everything changes

Everything changes."

I was about to sing the background line, but a new voice interrupted me. Jennie was joining me on backup. I looked at her, and she winked at me. The crowd cheered louder when we looked at each other, and Lisa caught my eye with an "I-told-you-so" smirk on her face.