01

Chaeyoung pov

"You're going to slay the sons of bitches!"

"MOM!"

"What? I'm just hyping my baby up!"

Despite all the well-needed support from my mom I still can't help but to be nervous.I'm not insecure about my signing abilities, more like nervous about the fact that I'm about to perform in front of thousands of people and 4 judges who will be judging my very existence.

I truly have no room to be nervous though. After a very long 23 years of my life, I finally have a chance to make my life long dream become reality. Just the thought of people idolizing and supporting me makes me shake with happiness. I could possibly get a record deal and go to award shows, attend the Grammys, and so much more.

Not even realizing that I was caught in my imagination, I soon got snapped out of it by a staff member yelling a contestant's name. Since my dumb ass wasn't listening I couldn't catch their names. Instantly someone sitting towards my shot up and ran to the staff member and can I just say holy fuck. This woman couldn't be any older than me, maybe a year or two. She had long dark brown hair and these gorgeous brown eyes. The girl was wearing this flowy summer dress as well.

As soon as I saw her ethereal presence I felt my confidence drop all the way to the pits of hell. I mean I don't think I'm ugly or anything but I would look like shit next to this girl. I closely watched as the man lead her up the stairs to where the stage is located. Surprisingly the girl didn't look nervous at all. She looked completely in her element. When she reached the top and was out of my line of sight I looked at the screen which allowed me to see the people performing.

She walked to the center of the stage and smiled at the crowd. Soon the live band started playing "Clarity". Damn this girl has really good taste in music. After the beginning was played she closed her eyes and sang the first verse. Yall remember when I said that my confidence went down to the pits of hell? Yeah well, now they're all the way down to bedrock level. Fuck my life. I knew they were going to be a lot of talent here but damn this girl is the next level.

Instantly one of the judges Lalisa Manoban turned around for her soon followed by another judge named Kim Yerim. Finally, we got the chorus and she hit a hella good high note which caused the third judge Kim Yongsun to turn. Can I just say I'm so surprised that she didn't get a 4 chair turn? And of course, the one judge who didn't turn was Miss Jennie Kim herself. Jenni is arguably the most well-known judge out of the 4. She has been involved in a lot of scandals and most people think that she's a huge bitch but I really don't see it. She seems to be a genuine person to me.

When she finished singing the song she held the biggest, happiest smile I've ever seen someone wear. Finally, I would get to hear this girl's name. Lalisa took the chance the ask her what her name was and I found out that the beauty is called Kim Jisoo. All the girls, except Jennie, gave her reasons as to why she should pick them. The most common thing they would say you be something like "oh we fit together well, I love your voice" and shit like that.

After a very long time of the girl deciding who she should choose she finally picked Lalisa which didn't come as a surprise to me because they kept staring at each other. After the girls shared a hug the staff member lead her down the stairs to where her parents are. As she walked by we caught eyes and she gave me a small smile which I kindly returned.