⚪The Author's Note

Am goin' back to the South,
Where my roots are watered down,
Growin' like a baobab tree,
Of life on fertile ground,
Ancestors put me on game...

~"BLACK PARADE" by Beyoncé.

⚪⚪⚪

|Fri., Jul. 24th, 2020

Holla lurves, it's the author here...

To anyone who'll actually read this stuff (PS: I love you, I swear, just know), this is my very first official book on Wattpad and I am glad to share it!

This may be the weirdest and most baffling book you'd ever read, coming from a creepy, indecisive mind. I mean the last-minute plot twists, the date thing, lyrical quotes from popular songs and gratuitous sex scenes, I really don't know where all the ideas came from.

I've had this story in my head for so long but I couldn't just articulate it all at once and the more I tried, the more injustice I did to it. So I started it's journey on Wattpad (I'm a pantser and I get writer's block way too often). I just kept writing and editing as I went.

Truth? I actually tried writing my first book which I called "Celebrity Diary", but took it down because I wasn't sure it made sense yet. So the project goes on in my actual diary which I named Wattpad. Yes, I name my diaries. Weird, I know, but you're good.

Shoutout to @aurorathoughts for encouraging me and being the first to vote on it before I deleted it though. She's amazeballs!

Now, the bloody perfectionist I am, I spent a really long time to write this and more to get names for the characters and even the book itself.

I had ideas like "Perfect Fluke", "LakeVille's daemons", "Kim Or Kylie", "Mustard Sins", "Hidden Truths", "After Eleven", "The Epic Swap", "The Dark Man", "The Ghosts Of Hog Island", and "You Do Not Want To Know The Rest Of Them".

It's just... am no good at picking names when I have the story, and when I have a badass title, I struggle to plot a story that describes it.

With regards to that, I recommend you check out the catalogue I created called 'Rebecca's Book Title Generator'.

I made it especially for writers having the same trouble as me. Shoutout to @TemmyTgirl for being the first to vote on it too. She is another glorious package of awesome!

So, I may not be the best writer, but I have a thrilling story and my own way of telling it, so that's an edge.

And if you're a fan, or you simply love it, do vote and comment and let me know your thoughts. I read them and naturally, I respond.

And oh, re-readers, I purple you. Like crazy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You can follow me on Instagram @rebeccauye_

Special shoutout to the ghostreaders (cos I think it's cute that you read this silently).

Ayo, haters and spoilers, what's good?! Constructive criticism is great. Also, be the first to leave a hate comment. I learn from everything.

Fighting? No-no.
Insults? No-no.

I could reply (if it's worth it) or just simply "delete and pass" (which always works). Or I would resort to blocking you or whatever that thingy is.

I'm not saying you suck (you do), but the ultimate answer is no. If you're not here to elevate, then take the elevator outta here. Nothing for you, move along.

See you in the end. Happy reading!

Love,
Rebecca

PS: I just gotta add this.

I pray that George Floyd's soul (and all our other dark-skinned brothers and sisters who were wrongly taken) rest in perfect peace. And we forgive everyone who needs to be forgiven because deep down they need peace too. Amen.

Covid-19 too shall pass, okay? Meanwhile, just practise social distancing, wash your hands, park your ass to your couch (lol), take your vitamins to boost your immunity and stay safe. God bless us.

Ok, bye.