⚪The Strange Alliance

Listen to "Bury a friend" by Billie Eilish.

⚪⚪⚪

|Thurs., Feb. 6th

Great. Is she drunk? Kylie thought.

"It was rude of me not to have said hello earlier, not so?" She asked, her cheeks taking on a bright red hue.

Kim was irritated by the sudden friendliness. "What are you up to, you snake?"

Gabrielle shook her head. "I'm a bitch, I know. You are too, as well as really stupid."

"That bothers you now?" Her words were drawn out. "Everyone knows that. You're definitely not from around here."

"That bothers you now too?" Kim replied, matching her attitude.

Gabrielle's face was blank. She thought the sooner she could get this conversation over with, and accomplish her mission, the better. If she could please Chad so he'd be nice to her, then she had to endure this. She tightened her grip on the glass.

"Look, I promise to keep my distance." Gabrielle said, looking very sad. "Just push your tush off my set."

Kim was reminded yet again why she hated the cute blonde standing before her.

"Excuse me?" Kim blurted.

Gabrielle's mouth canted in a smile. "I have dirt on you too, you know. You're an impostor."

"You can't prove anything," Kim countered.

Gabrielle laughed. "Of course I can. You're not so smart. You literally talk like you dress." She tsked turned to leave.

"You really can't prove anything," Kim repeated.

"Oh, don't piss me off bitch," Gabrielle snapped, spinning round to face Kim again. "I looked you up. You came from some shithole uptown. I know your gramps. I could literally expose your lowlife ass right now, Kim."

Kim's heart missed a beat. She knew her Pops. That was bad news. It was dangerous to expose her grandfather to assassins. It meant the women and Jamil would be in danger to. She couldn't afford to lose them.

Gabrielle smirked in satisfaction, seeing that she had shaken up Kim.

"Then why don't you do it?" Kim asked, surprising even herself.

"Nah. I got other plans," Gabrielle answered. She made brief eye contact with Chad who stood watching from a distance, before flashing Kim a bright smile.

"Omg. Our first real conversation without fighting each other," she sniffed and smiled evilly. "So... I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow, right Kylie?"