A Hearts Desire

He actually knew, the bastard knew!

My heart was beating so fucking fast that it actually hurt. It felt like someone had just punched a huge hole in my chest, grabbed ahold of my heart, and was ruthlessly squeezing the fuck out of it.

My limbs were frozen solid in Michaels unyielding embrace, I couldn't move. His long arms were wrapped around my form, trapping me in a cage made up of his toned flesh. His lips brushed against my own meanwhile his teeth nipped teasingly at my bottom lip. The nasty fucker was really enjoying this, enjoying my petrified state, my torture.

Should I still do it?

Is there any point in forcing myself to go through with it now?

Should I willingly spread my legs for this monster? Was there really any reason in offering myself up as a sacrificial lamb for slaughter when he already knew why I was doing it. I was only buying the prey and the collateral damage a little more time. But would more time really make any difference at all? Michael seemed to be way too relaxed for my potential sacrifice to actually matter, because it was almost as if he had expected me to defy him from the very beginning. Almost like he had wanted me to do just that, planned for it even.

Fuck...

I ripped my lips away from his devouring mouth, ending the torturous kiss he had created all on his own.

I was panting, my breath sounded more than a little labored as I stared up into the eyes of this sick twisted monster.

This... this... happening right here and now... it's all just another game... Isn't it? Isn't it!

"Let go of me."

My voice was unusually steady as I stated my demand, a stark contrast to my inner turmoil, to the struggle which tore me apart.

I watched with narrowed eyes as Michael raised his right eyebrow in question.

"Now why would I do that... princess."

Amusement made his lips twitch. He found my demand more than a little amusing it seemed. I probably looked like a tiny kitten in his eyes, baring my fangs as I threatened the stealthy predator before me with my puny claws. Heed me monster! Heed me or I'll... I'll scratch you... Yeah, how could he not find my defiance amusing?

Fucker...

"I'm going to go fix my mistake. I'm going to fasten that damned strap around Grace's fucking arm, okay? I'm going to do it properly this time. So let go of me Michael."

My eyes honed in on his face, searching for even the tiniest movement among the lines written there. I tried to read Michael despite his face being a carefully crafted mask of deceit.

"Are you now?"

The right corner of his lips pulled slightly upward. He looked smug as fuck. He took some sort of sick delight in this little spat of ours.

"And tell me princess, just what will that accomplish?"

His question gave me pause. In truth, I actually had no idea of what following through with my promised plan of action would accomplish. His previous words had made my head spin, him knowing had made me act in panic. Would I save the doomed couple from a worse fate than death if I took away their chance to make a run for it? Or would what they faced in that chair be the worse fate of the two? What was actually worse? How could giving them an actual chance to run away be the wrong answer? Was it even the wrong answer? I just didn't know anymore. Every word out of Michaels lips made me doubt my decisions.