346-350

Chapter 346 The Fight

The next day, Gu Ning got up at seven am to catch her plane which would take off at 9 am. Leng Shaoting had already prepared breakfast for her. After breakfast, he drove her to the airport.

When they were about to separate, Leng Shaoting gave Gu Ning a key. “This is the key to my house. I don’t stay in the capital all the time, but you can use it if you come here in the future.”

It showed his affection towards Gu Ning that he was willing to give her the key. Gu Ning took it without hesitation. She wouldn’t reject free high-end accommodations. However, she was going to buy her own house when she went to the university in the capital, which would give her a true sense of belonging.

Leng Shaoting had worried that Gu Ning wouldn’t take the key, but now he relaxed and felt happy.

“I’ll leave now,” Gu Ning reluctantly said to Leng Shaoting

“I’ll visit you after the New Year festival if I’m free.” Leng Shaoting was unwilling to leave her too, and he would rather tie her to his body so that they could be together forever.

“Great,” Gu Ning said, then she left. She went into the lounge, but it still was more than 10 minutes away from the departure time. Gu Ning thought for a while before calling Zhou Zhenghong. Zhou Zhenghong had nothing special to deal with today, so Gu Ning told him to pick her up at the airport of City G. Zhou Zhenghong of course wouldn’t turn her down.

After Gu Ning was gone, Leng Shaoting went back to the Leng Family’s house and gave his grandpa The Injured Lion.

Master Leng beamed with pleasure seeing The Injured Lion. However, once Master Leng heard that Leng Shaoting was going to leave for the military base soon, he was displeased and complained, “Do you seriously take this place as a hotel? Oh, no, you would at least stay at a hotel for a couple of days, but you’ve never stayed or even eaten at home during the days that you’ve been in the capital.”

Leng Shaoting understood that it was his fault that he hadn’t spent much time with his grandpa, so he said, “Well, then I’ll have lunch at home today before I leave.”

Hearing that, Master Leng was cheered up at once. “Very well! Come on, let’s play chess together.” It had been a long time since they had played chess together while chatting and drinking tea.

The plane that Gu Ning took landed at the airport of City G at around 12 pm. The moment she got off the plane, she called Leng Shaoting first and told him that she had arrived.

At this time, Leng Shaoting had just finished lunch and had left the Leng Family’s house. “Great. I’m going to the military base now, and I can’t use the phone while I’m on the base, so I’ll call once I’m free.”

“Alright, take care of yourself,” Gu Ning said.

She understood that any mobile phones or other equipment for communication were banned on the military base, in case enemies could figure out their location by tracking the satellite signals. Even if Leng Shaoting didn’t turn off his phone in the base, he still wouldn’t have reception there.

“You too, and I’ll miss you,” Leng Shaoting replied.

“Me too,” Gu Ning said.

After a short time of talking, they hung up.

When Gu Ning walked out of the exit, Zhou Zhenghong immediately walked forward to welcome her, “Nice to meet you, boss!”

“Nice to meet you too, Uncle Zhou,” Gu Ning.

“Please follow me this way,” Zhou Zhenghong said.

After they were in the car, Zhou Zhenghong said, “Boss, let’s go have a meal first!” It was almost 12:30 am, and Gu Ning had to be hungry.