521-525

Chapter 521 This Is My Friend, Leng Shaoting

After they were in the plane, the woman flushed with embarrassment when she saw that Gu Man and them sat in the first class. Most of the people who could afford the first class were the rich but she had called them a bunch of bumpkins just then.

The plane slid along the runway. Gu Qing and Gu Man clasped each other’s hands nervously. When the plane finally took off into the sky they had a sense of weightlessness but it was acceptable. By the time that the plane flew steadily in the air, Gu Qing and Gu Man were already used to it.

Leng Shaoting arrived at the airport of City G at 8:30 am. He told Ai Weichen to prepare a car for him beforehand but to his surprise, Ai Weichen drove the car here in person.

“Why did you drive here in person?” Leng Shaoting asked with doubt because Ai Weichen would normally send his secretary to drive the car here.

Ai Weichen sighed heavily and said in a resigned tone, “I used it as an excuse to avoid a blind date.” Blind dates were really annoying.

He then looked to Leng Shaoting and joked. “Your name is really useful.”

“You’re 28 now and it’s time to get married,” Leng Shaoting said.

In the past, Leng Shaoting never talked about marriage, but now he was eagerly anticipating marrying Gu Ning. Unfortunately, Gu Ning was too young.

“My older brother is 30 now but he’s not married yet. I don’t need to rush!” Ai Weichen said airily but he seemed sad and lonely.

In fact, he also wanted to get married, but the woman he wanted to marry disliked him, and he couldn’t accept someone else so he had to stay single. Just like how the woman liked his older brother but his older brother disliked her.

Leng Shaoting didn’t say another word, because he understood that Ai Weichen was in a difficult situation, and it was his own personal affair.

Ai Weichen also didn’t continue this topic, because it was painful for him to speak about. “Oh, my older brother is home these days. If you have some free time, we can have a gathering. It has been a long time that we haven’t drunk together!”

“Sure. I’ll call you if I’m free,” Leng Shaoting said.

After that, Ai Weichen left.

What Ai Weichen didn’t know was that his older brother, Ai Weishun, actually spent a lot more time with Leng Shaoting than he did. Ai Weichen only knew that Ai Weishun was one of Leng Shaoting’s comrades in the army, but he didn’t know that Ai Weishun was also a member of the Red Flame and followed Leng Shaoting’s lead. Members in the Red Flame had to keep their identity a secret, so even their families had no idea about it.

Around nine am, the plane landed at the airport of City G.

Once Gu Ning turned her phone on, she saw Leng Shaoting’s message. He said that he was waiting for them at the arrival hall.

Gu Ning already told Gu Qing and Gu Man that she hired a private chauffeur to drive the car for them during the two days in City G.

Gu Man and Gu Qing didn’t think that it was a bad idea, but Gu Ning still worried, because Leng Shaoting was too handsome to be just a chauffeur. Moreover, Leng Shaoting was so cold and it could upset Gu Qing and Gu Man. Gu Ning didn’t want her family to have a bad impression of him.

After thinking for a while, she said to Gu Qing and Gu Man, “Mom, aunt, the private chauffeur is actually my friend. He’s a little cold and doesn’t like to smile or talk much. Please don’t mind him.”