A Test

~Now at the Palace Gates~

Finally arriving at the gate I show my pass with the King's seal on it that Anne had sent to me. The guards looked a little suspicious but since I had my letter they couldn't really detain me, so inside I went!

When I made it inside I had one of the maids guide to the Queen's chambers the maid was about to knock before i stopped her, she looked very confused.

"Sorry if I startled you but I want to check if my lessons were taken to heart so I'll go in quietly."

The maid looked skeptical but she didn't try to knock again, and with that I opened the door and sneaked behind all the of the girls. Closing the door quietly, the maid stood waiting for anything Anne may need after my test.

None of the ladies in waiting seemed to notice me, which was quite a disappointment considering I was the only black thing in the room. I marched over to Anne as I heard one of the ladies gasp, holding her shoulder in a firm hold I whispered in her ear

"Getting rusty now aren't we?"

In an instant I saw a blade come toward me from Anne's hand. I dogded, the blade just missing my ear. Grabbing hold of her wrist, I pull her towards me and grab her other hand.

"RELEASE THE QUEEN AT ONCE!" I hear someone yell from somewhere near the door. He was wearing a bright blue outfit., Anne had written about King Louie's...colorful outfits before so I assume it to be him. He had guards with him it looked like the one from the gate was in the group. Good on him for spotting a possible threat.

"It's alright your majesty, I invited them."

King Louie looked confused as did everyone else.

The position did look scandalous from an outsiders view but Anne and I both knew what this was,

A reunion.

Slowly letter harm go I take a step back to take a look at my old charge. She look much more mature and taller, her beauty had increased as well, I smile.

"My Queen, you sent for me?"

Smiling, Anne plays along with my little performance.

"Yes, you said if ever need be I could always count on you."

I chuckle "That is what I said." I take a dramatic bow

"After all..." I take off my hat and hood, I hear gasp around the room as my H/L H/C hair is revealed and my now visible feminine face.

"I am the Queen's loyal servant."

Everyone was even more confused

I started to hear whispers from the woman, i decided to start clearing up this mess.

"My Queen your classes were well learned I see."

Quickly catching on Anne start continuing conversation,

"Yes of course, your classes were always important to me Madame L/N."

Nodding to her I turn toward the king and kneel,

"I am very sorry for the confusion I am Y/N L/N, her Highness' old tutor. I help her with etiquette, history, and self defence training."

"Oh! Yes I heard you were going to come by...but...Why are you dressed like that?"

"Ah, well, a woman travelling the country alone is quite dangerous, so I dressed in male clothing. Also, although I may be female, I much more prefer pants for easy movement." I say still kneeling.

"Ah, well stand up then!"

Thankful for being to be on my feet again I look at the guard who assisted me at the gate.

"Did you inform the guards of my strange arrival?"

He looked nervous "Y-yes..."

I smiled at him "Good eye, checking all possible threats is what will keep you alive." The boy breaths a sigh of relief.

I turn back to the ladies in waiting "I am also very sorry for scaring you all with my unanounced entrance, I wanted to see if my old student still remembered her lessons."

"Did I pass your test?" I turn back to Anne,

"With flying colors!"