A Servant's mission

Well I didn't think I would have a job today but, oh well.

I was going to talk to my friends later but as soon as the welcome finished I was needed for the task of recollecting plans stolen and an assassin on the run.

Well, so much for a rest.

I can't be angry though I did sign up for this when I became the Servant. I try to avoid killing, sometimes it is necessary, but I will always leave an apology for the poor families that are left behind.

I arrive at the inn, the assassin is supposed to be staying at and get a stable room for Charity. I walk in and see the assassin sitting in a corner with a drink. If I want to take him without casualties, I need to be cautious about this so I sit down and order something to drink.

I slowly sip the drink, I am not a lightweight, but I can't take the chance right now. After awhile the man goes upstairs and when ten seconds pass I follow. When I make it up, I pick the lock and let myself in.

...

...

...

He's gone.

...

...

...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

I jump out the window to the stable. I saw his horse there so he couldn't have gotten too far. I  look to see the assassin getting his horse. Pulling out one of my daggers, I place it to his throat and tell him, "You're under arrest for stealing from the crown and planning to assassinate her Royal Highness."

I cuff him, help him on to his horse and we ride back home.

I start to think on the last few days when the assassin speaks.

"You really think that a cell can keep me?"

"I think that the nice cell where all assassins go would be perfect for you." I say not wanting to hear a monologue today.

"...So, do you even know what I did?"

"Stole plans for the entire palace layout and an attempt at the Queen's life." I state.

Finally I turn to look at the man, "My only question is, why Her Majesty?"

He rolls his eyes, "Well looks like she's the only one with a brain in this country."

"So you wanted to start a war?"

"Duh." (Don't even think about it)

The rest of the ride was quiet, except for the odd complaint. When we got back, I noticed someone on the roof of the Queen's wing. Running up the stairs, I go to the Queen's room to make sure she's safe. After making sure she's all right, (and calling more guards obviously.)

I go up to the roof to find several musketeers lying dead.

I was shocked, as far as I know the intruder hadn't done anything else. I alert the guards and have them take the bodies away.

Something isn't right here, and I intend to find out what.

A/n sorry this is so short! I really wanted the mission to fit the time constraint to make back in time for Lord Buckingham leaving. So I couldn't let it be to long or drawn out.