Hate Comments

jen was on her phone going through the comments of one of her recent posts. she liked to see the things her fans said to her, even if she couldn't see them all. she liked the ones that she saw and laughed at the funny ones. then she saw the comments that always always made her feel some type of way: the hate comments. she never got used to them because how can you get used to somebody dragging you for the stupidest things. she knows that she shouldn't read them but today for some reason she couldn't help it, she just wanted to see what people had to say. jen had always been an emotional person and lately she'd been feeling more emotional than usual, so as she read the comments, she couldn't help the tears.

she was so in her head with her thoughts, she didn't hear leah come in or call her name.

"shit!" jen said when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she scared her.
"baby what's wrong?" she asked when she saw her face.
"nothing, im fine" she said sniffling.
"bullshit, what happened?"
"it doesn't matter, it's silly" she said waving her off.
"nothing is silly if it made you cry." she told her, while wiping her tears.
"why me, out of all the people in the world?
i'm not the smartest, or the prettiest, or..." she said and continued to name her 'flaws'. Leah was so confused, why was she feeling like this, what happened, she knew one thing, they weren't true.
"jennifer!" she yelled, which immediately made her stop talking. she took a deep breath before continuing,
"everything you just said is a lie and i don't ever want to hear you talk about yourself like that. Seriously, baby what happened?"

jen really didn't want to answer her, mainly because she didn't have a valid answer. she's been extra hormonal and the comments didn't help.

"i was reading my comments again." she said, knowing she would understand what she meant. this had happened once before, early on in their relationship and she had found her crying.

Leah took jens hand walked her to the full body mirror in their room and stood behind her.

"baby, don't believe anything they say, you're the most beautiful, intelligent, and creative person I've ever met. there's never enough words to describe you. you're one of the best things that's ever happened to me and those jealous bitches can kiss your ass."

"thank you baby, you always know how to make me feel better." Jen said before kissing her.

"How about we get some snacks and watch a movie?"
"Can we have donuts and chocolate chip cookies?"
"anything you want baby."