A/N | The contents of this chapter are different but the chapter is the same as the one where I published the original version because I didn't want to lose certain comments | A/N

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-This story takes place in a medieval-like fantasy world and often may have sexist themes, this does NOT mean I support those ideas.
-It also has a yandere male lead, yanderes are something I write for a lot but these actions should not be considered okay in real life, partners in a relationship should be equal and if you ever find yourself in a situation where your significant other is controlling them leave that relationship immediately, that is not healthy or please contact help.

...

"Lady Michelle,  you must've been quite deep in thought." [name] commented, a small giggle escaping her lips. 

"Ah, yes, I was thinking of the new gift my father brought me, I organized this tea party especially to show it to you all!" Michelle responded with a smile.

"A gift from the duke? I look forward to seeing what it is!" One of the ladies replied.

"Yes! Last time it was a rare jewel, I'm curious as to what it'll be this time!"

"I look forward to it as well." [name] replied.

...

The tea party went by smoothly, nothing extraordinary outside of some idle chitchat and gossip happened until the main event, the gift that everyone was so looking forward to seeing was revealed.

A bird.

"It's an exotic bird from Haasa, it's very hard to come by even in the wild so not many people know of it, father brought it for me during his last trip."

"That reminds me, lady [name], didn't duke [lastname] also go there a few months prior? You never told us what he brought you."Martha Stuart, the daughter of a count and a loyal friend of Michelle's, said.

"Yes! I've been dying to know, was it something similar to what Lady Michelle has shown us?"

Michelle knew it was childish, to alienate someone just to feed her own egotistical desires, to seek such conflicts with someone who had done practically nothing, she knew it all too well yet she still kept going.

"Yes, [name], we're friends, aren't we? Please tell us." A large smile on Michelle's lips as she tried to press the female further.

"My, I never knew you were all so curious.~ I'm sorry to dissapoint but I purposefully asked father not to bring anything though. It was during the winter so it would've been selfish of me to ask for such things when we could use that money to help others during the famine."

A few mumbles were heard but no one spoke up again until Michelle broke the silence.

"Haha, how thoughtful of you to think that far ahead."

"It was simply my duty, that reminds me since autumn is coming along again, shall I invite you all to our estate near the Eastern River? Its quite a sight to see during the winter."

A few ladies agreed, happy to have been invited to the rumoured "Eastern Estate" of the [lastname] family, while other, like Michelle chose to stay silent.

A/N
@CaptainSai bullied me into posting these chapters 😒
...
509 words, Unedited