十二

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-This story takes place in a medieval-like fantasy world and often may have sexist themes, this does NOT mean I support those ideas.
-It also has a yandere male lead, yanderes are something I write for a lot but these actions should not be considered okay in real life, partners in a relationship should be equal and if you ever find yourself in a situation where your significant other is controlling them leave that relationship immediately, that is not healthy or please contact help.

...

[name] [lastname] has always been someone widely capable, trusted by many despite the rocky relationship she had with Michelle Foreste's inner circle. However, people who enable you to become the villain in another's story don't tend to be very loyal to one in the first place. This is exactly what Michelle was experiencing today first hand as ladies that she had known for years suddenly turned to who she claimed to be her greatest rival in high society.

"Lady [lastname], your dress looks wonderful today!" One commented, a string of compliments from surrounding ladies also following.
[name] could simply smile and thank her as the lady continued to 'suck up to her' as she put it.
'An outing is all it takes to get this girls to turn on Michelle? Do they have no shame?' Her thoughts were obvious, [name] may have disliked Michelle, however theirs was a petty rivalry between women, neither side appreciated other people trying to involve themselves in their conflict.

"You're far too king Lady Violet, it's of a similar style to the one I wore on my debutante, it's extremely comfortable and it also looks nice! Don't you think?"
The atmosphere had become awkward again, to mention the debutante where none of them hesitated to insult her clothing choice, while [name] was usually best at masking her rage, today she felt much more frustrated than usual when seeing such people act like they were her allies.

However while [name] confronted them, in her own roundabout way, Michelle found that excusing herself would be best, if she stayed there any longer she might just strangle one of them. Instead she opted to find the palace garden, a fountain somewhat hidden away from the crowded areas of collect herself.
"Those wenches! I've done nothing but support them for all this time but they turn on me the moment they see her family's wealth?! Do they think I'm not as good as her suddenly?!" If anyone had heard her, she might as well have died right then and there. It was not only unladylike but overall simply unacceptable for someone of her standing. Tears had already started to fall down her cheek, ruining what had once been pristine makeup.

"You seem like you're having a rough time." Michelle could feel her heart stop as she turned to find whoever it was behind her. Sweat trickling down her cheek. Under the tree behind her was a particular redhead, back resting against a large tree, groggy half open eyes looked up to her.

"Your highness the second prince-." She regretted every decision that had led her to thus point.
"There's no need for that. I apologize as well, I was asleep here since before you arrived and woke up while you were, err. I think you understand what I mean."

"Ah... yes. I apologize you had to witness such a scene. I'll excuse myself then." It was a miracle that the words coming out of her mouth were still comprehensive sentences.

"You don't mean you're going back inside, looking like that? Are you?" 'Was that supposed to be an insult...?' The girl thought, ready to lash out on the prince.

"Your makeup is all smudged, I'm sure you'll have even more troublesome time if you go back in looking like that." He said pointing it at her cheeks specifically, a mess of pinks and blacks combined with her face powder. Dramatic enough to pass as some opera getup. 'What now? It's not like I can leave midway but' Michelle's thoughts were a mess currently, if she hadn't panicked before, she most definitely had now, maybe that's why he extended his hand, leaving Michelle initially confused until she saw what he was holding. A hanckerchief, it was a plain cream colour with the imperial family crest on a corner.

"It might not be the most sophisticated arrangement but you could try using the water from the fountain and try to rub it off. You might get some strange looks since you won't be wearing makeup anymore but I'm sure it'll be much more excusable. I'll leave first then." And with that he left, leaving behind Michelle in a flustered state, her face beet red as she thanked whatever deity was listening for the fact that she had been wearing makeup at all or else it would have been clearly visible.

...

819 words, unedited

819 words, unedited