Chapter 1

AN: I just hit 10k reads and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read this story and enjoyed it. It defiantly has a special part of my heart because I love Sam so much and I hope you all enjoyed it too or if you're just now starting I hope you love it and it helps fills the hole that Sam's death left in your heart. <3

 Sam steadied his gaze on the elk in the clearing ahead. He blew out a breath and let his arrow fly. It buried itself into the elk's throat a moment later. Sam stood up and trekked across the forest floor to collect his dinner. He'd lost all remorse for killing many years before. But with every animal he killed in these woods it slowly started to weigh down on him. He signaled to the man with him to gather the wagon. As he finished the animal off he wondered how long it would before he'd have to come out here again and repeat the process he just finished. He'd been living like this for the past 3 years. Hunting for food, cutting down trees for shelter, and training with the jungle men of Morla, Arobynn's punishment for trying to "steal" Celaena away from the guild. He hadn't heard from anyone in the time he'd been stuck here. He didn't even know is she was still alive. Sam and the man gathered the Elk in the wagon and began the trek back to the camp.

    As he walked back into camp Sam was met with many back pats and congrats on the fortunate hunt. He thanked as many as he could and headed straight for his tent. Hopefully with the massive game he brought back they'd let him sleep through the next morning. He was almost there when a young boy dressed to finely to be any of the jungle men came running into the camp.

"I need to see the chief!" he proclaimed in a language Sam hadn't heard in 3 years.

Sam stepped up and grabbed the boys arm. "Where are you from?" he asked narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Adarland, sir." Sam was surprised to see a good amount of fear in the boys eyes. Perhaps he'd been with these men for a little too long. Perhaps it was the beard and long hair that made him seem so fierce.

"I come with news from the outside world. I need to tell the chief about the outcome of the war, the new king of Adarland, and the new Queen of Terrassen. Also the witches who have reoccupied the western wastes below you."

Sam looked up and translated to the crowd that had surrounded them. He could hardly believe what he was saying. Had Dorian overpowered his father? And who was this queen of Terrasen?From what Celaena had told him the heir of Terrassen had died years before. After he was done he accompanied the young man to the chiefs tent to help translate and to also get some information of his own.

"Here is the messenger, Chief" Sam said while bowing his head.

The chief was a tall dark muscled man with many scars to show just how experienced he was in battle. He had hair as white as the snow on the trees outside and eyes so brightly silver you could see them in the dark.

"Speak" was all he said when he acknowledged the young man before him.

Him and Sam had been on good terms since he got there the 3 years back. Sam appreciated his battle tactics and the Chief liked how much food Sam was able to hunt every week.

"The Queen of Terrasen and her court have defeated Maeve and the Valg Princes. Terrasen is now back to it's former glory and there is a sense of peace that has spread over the continent. Dorian Haviliard has come to the throne in Adarland and the witches led by Crochan Queen Manon Blackbeak have resettled in the western wastes but want to assure you your territory will stay unchallenged."

"Good." was all the chief said. He then gave him a look as to say continue.

The boy then went on to say "As for the women and children stolen from the base down closer to the border of the Jungle of Morath my spies have determined the Lord Lexington of Meah has information about their whereabouts."