161

A few months later
friday
9.32pm
August 3

no one's POV

Its prom night for the seniors at Liberty High, the past week the school has been packed with 'promposals' everyone eger to take someone at least - unlike some people in Bethany's friend group, clay didn't bother getting a date since Ani broke up with him, no one has seen Zack in a few days even though he lives with Bethany at the moment, Justin has made his mind up that he is definitely not doing - they all think its because of his very harsh brake up with Jessica but they aren't completely certain, Tony is obviously taking his boyfriend Caleb, Alex has actually come out as gay - so Charlie has been asking him to prom continuously, until he finally gave in.

and by ending there you'd think that Bethany doesn't have a date, but she does - she didn't think she could take someone who has already graduated but turns out she could when she saw tony taking Caleb, but you see Bethany couldn't bring herself to ask Corbyn, she was too nervous and was hoping he would ask her. as the week led on she got scared she'd have to go alone, but Corbyn being the person he is, he took her on a whole date just to end up going to Tony's garage and sharing a 'promposal' with them. It could of been really sweet but she guessed Corbyn just couldn't ask, nerves or something. the whole year had the day off to get their self's ready for the prom - which Bethany was not ready for, she doesn't like wearing dresses, and being a competitive girl she doesn't like the thought that her dress is too shabby - the feeling they will make fun of her dress - but that's just how her mind works, she doesn't really think very positive....

during the prom...

so far the prom has gone great for the friend group - that's only because they have just arrived though - Jessica and Ani where the first of the lot to get there, followed by tony and Caleb, Charlie and Alex - who had clay tagging along, then Bethany and Corbyn, they didn't know at what point zack got there but when they found him, he left them all in shock - he had a date but no one recognised the girl he had brought, but when he introduced her they instantly knew "guys, this is my date, Diamond" they all looked at eachother trying not to laugh as zack then walked off again, the girl dragging him towards the bathrooms - Alex brought something to their attention "that was a hooker... right?" he tried to get his head around the fact, Bethany nodded at him, felling embarrassed by her friend.

when it was time for food the friend group was split to a few tables, the majority of them getting to sit together, at Bethany's table there was two empty seats for Zack and his 'date' but he took forever to get to the table, he was obviously drunk - maybe even stoned - but it was fine right? just a bit of fun. when they were all done eating the year group went to stand by the decks where Jessica was stood, ready to announce prom king and queen, who are always chosen by the football team - which they thought wasn't very fair. some guys in the back mimicked a drumroll as Jessica began to speak "wow, okay - this years prom king and KING, are Alex Standall and Charlie St. George" she exclaimed waiting for the couple to walk towards the stage, but they were nowhere to be seen "where are you boys?" she asked, hoping they where still at the prom, seconds pass and Charlie dragged alex through the crowd announcing they are there, she smiled brightly at them as they stood infront of her, as per usual they had a tiara and a crown - not knowing who to give which one too she asked them quietly - Charlie took the tiara being the man he is (LMAO) - after they were crowned they had to have their first dance, Alex not wanting to take part groaned as Charlie brought him to the middle of the dancefloor, everyone forming a circle around them. they had a 5 minute dance and then the DJ announced to the year that they could now join their kings in a dance, they all flooded the floor enjoying being in eachothers presents...

as the night progressed things started to take a turn for the worst - some girl Bethany used to be friends with started to intentionally bump into her, stepping on the back of her dress and so on - the girl was acting tough, and because she hadn't seen Bethany in a few years she thought she'd be the same, the same quiet girl, who never caused any trouble, kept herself to herself - but little did she know Bethany changed. Bethany changed for the worse, started to do drugs, drink way to much alcohol and she got into regular fights, most people didn't know that, Corbyn didn't even know that. at one point Bethany left Corbyn to go get them some drinks from the bar - being the cow she is the girl followed Bethany and stood next to her "you enjoying the prom?" she asked trying to manipulate Bethany, to make her think she was nice "just cut to it - what the fuck do you want?" since seeing the girls face her blood started to boil, but now, it was worse than ever "oh she grew a tongue at last ey" she snickered looking around the room, locking her eyes on Corbyn "that your date?" she looked him up and down "yeah, hes my boyfriend" Bethany fake smiled and looked at the bar man doing his weird little tricks "you didn't do bad, but he'd be much better of with - me" she looked at her with a cheesy grin, knowing the old Bethany wouldn't dare talk back "you just leave us alone, I dont need any of your crap" the barman finally finished making Bethany's drinks and she walked back to Corbyn quite fast, not wanting to start trouble - atleast for tonight.

the rest of the night Bethany wouldn't go dance, she didn't want to, she was too busy thinking of ways to hurt that girl... but when a slow song came on the students made a path, Corbyn and Bethany looked back and fourth at eachother confused with whats going on, being the person Bethany is she wanted to know what was going on, she dragged Corbyn up to the dancefloor and pushed though a few looking down one end to see Jessica and Ani standing there, then looking the other way to see Justin. it seemed although he had just arrived. they could see Ani whisper something to Jess and like that she started to walk towards Justin, him smiling widely as she did - then she stopped, he then walked towards her - it was really romantic...

further into the night...

the girl started to tease Bethany the second she got onto the dance floor, but when she said one thing that absolutely crossed the line, Bethany had enough "I bet your dad only joined the army so he could get away from you" she snarled in bethanys ear, this made her turn around to face the girl, her still talking about bethanys family, making fun of both her parents, and he brother - after a while she snapped and screamed "shut your mouth!" she formed her hands into fists slowly lifting them as the girl laughed, when she had the chance she punched the girl in the face, causing her to stumble backwards into her friends, the girl tried to charge at Bethany but she knew that she needed to move out the way, when she moved bethany lifted her leg and kicked the girl it the stomach. as soon as she did that Bethany got pushed to the ground and punched in the face, she couldn't see by who but their were soon pulled off of her.....