Chapter 2

~Lucas~

″What do you mean the money is gone?″ I growled at the man who dared step foot in my office.

″Boss I don't know what to tell you, it's been stolen.... Our systems were hacked and they left no trace.″ He rambled.

Anger raced through me and I clenched my fists. ″How much is gone?″ I asked restraining myself from strangling the man right there and then.

″A H....Hundred grand S...Sir.″ He almost whispered.

That did it.

I lunged forward and grabbed the man by his collar, he flinched and gave me a pleading look.

″You have a week, find out who it is or you'll regret it.″ I spat before releasing him, he nodded quickly before hurrying out.

The money itself wasn't the issue, it was a lot but not enough to do any serious damage to me financially.

But, somebody thought it was okay to disrespect me, that angered me unimaginably and I would make sure they would pay for not just the money, when I found them.

~~~

One week later....

″Boss we have a lead.″ Max my tech guy said as he entered the room. He was a computer genius which was the only reason I'd hired him in the first place.

″About fucking time.″ I snapped getting up to look at the iPad he held out in front of me. A transaction of one hundred grand had been traced back to a computer.

The surname attached was Bail. My blood instantly boiled. I knew the surname all too well.

″Do you have him?″ I asked clenching my teeth.

″Yes sir, he's in the basement ready for interrogation.″ Max replied calmly. I detected a look of uncertainty in his eyes but chose to ignore it.

We headed downstairs, and I could feel my anger rising. Walking into the concrete room, my eyes found three of my men, they stood motionless surrounding a figure strapped down to a chair.

 Walking into the concrete room, my eyes found three of my men, they stood motionless surrounding a figure strapped down to a chair

I walked closer grasping the bloodied man by his face. ″Well well well, if it's not Clay Bail, one of my own men.″ At the sound of my voice his eyes met mine and panic flooded through them.

″Boss, please I swear! It wasn't me you've got it wrong!″ The sheer desperation in his voice made him almost believable. Clay was one of my best hackers, he was loyal, and I trusted him. Now he was begging for his life in front of me.

″Shut up!″ I snapped at him. He closed his eyes pleading silently. ″Did you really think I wouldn't find out? I didn't think you were that stupid Clay.″

Without another word I grabbed my spiral knife and started to flip it in my hand skilfully.

When Clay's gaze met it he recoiled. ″Please! Why are you doing this!″