Chapter 4

~Diana~

I looked at the strange man in front of me. We shared the same look of curiosity.

I kept staring at him, taking in his features. His eyes were dark and held ferocity. He was quite tall and muscular, with tattoos that covered most of his skin.

His stern eyes met mine and I caught a glimpse of the uncertainty that they held.

He was definitely surprised to see me, like I was him. We continued our staring match, him not saying a word and me unable to. Then out of the blue, he turned and left rather quickly.

My heart sank and I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I didn't care that this was a hallucination, happening all in my head, I just wanted to interact with someone. The long days of isolation were torture.

I didn't know how long had passed since I last saw my father. It was beginning to be unbearable being locked up here, plus I hadn't eaten for days and the hunger was setting in.

My stomach cramped painfully as I tried to take my mind away from food.

~~~

I was awoken by the attic door opening, quickly followed by my father's angry voice.

″DIANA!! DIANA!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? YOU LITTLE BITCH, WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!″ He screamed.

I jumped up starting to panic, I'd not seen him this angry in a long time.

Quickly, I ran into the corner of my bedroom, just in time for him to kick the door open, and charge towards me.

I braced for the impact as he picked me up roughly by the neck and pinned me against the wall.

″Why the fuck was the door unlocked?″ He spat, his grip on my throat tightening.

I shook my head back and forth while gasping for air. I had no idea what he was talking about.

″Have you been out of the attic?″ He interrogated. ″If you have so help me god.″ He growled.

I stared at him wide eyed, he was beyond furious.

″ANSWER ME GOD DAMMIT!!″ He screamed.

I shook my head back and forth, no, again, desperately trying to get a little air into my starving lungs.

Without warning, I was forcefully dropped to the floor on my knees, I felt my fathers fist connect with the side of my face.

My head hit the wall behind me causing blood to drip down my cheek. I looked at him pleading with my eyes for him to stop, while he stood there, his body shaking with anger.

He turned around as if to walk out of the room. But not before he looked back at me thoughtfully, his eyes piercing my soul.

″I hope for your sake it was me who forgot to lock the door, because if I find out that you've been escaping there will be hell to pay.″ I stared at him nodding taking in his every word.

He smirked and continued. ″Did you know I have a visitor over? He's a notorious gang-leader. If you misbehave again, I'll send him up here to torture you in the most painful way possible.″

I felt sick, like my insides were knotted together. Still staying in the corner trembling, long after my father had left...

I didn't know how much more of this I could take, the years of torment we're adding up and I didn't want to live like this anymore. It started to become an obsession, always in the back of my mind. I had the power to do it; it was almost too easy. But I just couldn't bring myself too.