Chapter 5

Writers Note:

This chapter contains mature themes of a sexual abuse nature; this may be triggering to some readers.
I just want to say that in no way am I glorifying this, it is a crucial part to my storyline, hence why it is there. I do not take this stuff lightly, and any insensitive comments will be deleted.

Thank you

~~~

~Lucas~

I woke up early the next morning, I was desperate to see Diana again, but I knew I had to be patient.

I wasn't prepared for any of this, if I hadn't met Diana, Jared would be long dead, and I'd be back home. I couldn't deny the affect she'd had on me.

I didn't know who Diana was, yet she captivated me. There were so many unsolved mysteries, that followed her.

~~~

Later that day, I phoned Max checking in, things back home were running smoothly. Max knew his part in this, and I was great full for his loyalty towards me.

My attention suddenly snapped to a presence I felt behind me.

″I'll call you back in a minute.″ I told him before turning to face the intruder.

A little piece of me hoped it was Diana, but I knew it was impossible, instead I was met with Jared's ugly face.

He gave me a false smile. ″Mr. O'Connor, I'm sorry to intrude, but something has come up and I have to go away for a few days.″ He seemed off, it was a massive red flag.

I did my best to control my anger, though it was difficult after knowing what he did to Diana.

″Where it is you must go?″ I replied gritting my teeth. I didn't trust him for one second

″Oh....... it's nothing to worry about really, I'll be back in three days.″ This whole thing was sketchy as hell, but at the same time I knew that if he was going to be away, I'd be able to get more information out of Diana.

I thought about the pros and cons for a while before deciding to just let him go without asking anymore questions.

~~~

Later that evening, Jared left and I wasted no time. I quickly made it into the Library, coming eye to eye with Diana the second I entered the room.

She looked different compared to usual. Her eyes were dull with dark shadows underneath them. She seemed sad, hurt even.

″I told you I'd come back.″ I spoke, teasing her slightly. She gave me a slight smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

″Is something wrong?″ I asked her, feeling her heavy mood.

She reached behind her, retrieving our piece of paper. Then holding it up to my face slowly while I read the words.

Don't Hate Me But It's For The Best.

I Enjoyed Our Time Together.

What?

Bringing my focus back to her once more, our eyes connected, and I inhaled as a wave of euphoria took over me.

Diana's once blue eyes were now a bright purple colour, they mesmerized me, I couldn't look away even if I wanted too.