chapter 10

A/n: this chapter was written my by girl  ---  friend. Please comment for more

Crimson vitality juice spills from my flayed body. Rafael whispers in my ear. “I’ll be your hero, Elsa.”
He pushes me off of him as he morphs into Rouge the crimson wolf. As he morphs, he throws his silver armor pieces at the other wolfs so they cannot hope to transform. They attack him with their teeth and their fingernails. He shrieks a vociferous snarl and tears out their throats. I ricochet to my feet and try to devise of what to do.
I recognize a silver bar on the walls of the cage. It is loose. I rip it out of the floor and place it in between the fighting.
Rouge stops, and beholds me with eyes like dinner plates. Then, slowly, he shrinks back in to a man. His toes spread out into fingers and toes. His fur shrinks into normal human hair. His eyes stay as colossal as dinner plates.
Before he can finish transforming, Eddie jumps on his body and sinks his teeth into his flesh! I recoil and scream and scream and scream...
——
When I wake up, my head is pounding like it did when Alpha Nick divorced my mother. I look over at where the battle happened. All I see is a lot of blood, and Rafael’s bottom half.
“HE’S DEAD” I cry. Crystalline tears begin to wash away the blood crust on my face. Jessica howls and howls, and I let her use my voice. Our howls echo through the cave and startle a swarm of bats.
I hear footsteps behind me.  Stupefied, I pivot around to view Alpha Nick. My dad.
“My little girl,” he spoke forlornly.
Jessica still has my mouth. She growls. The hair surges up the back of my neck.
Nick looks away sadly. “I knew you would be angry. But I thought someday you would understand...”
“What could I UNDERSTAND?” I yell.
“I did this.... for you.....” he stutters.
I begin to wail somberly. “You hurt me! You hurt my love! I’ll never forgive you! I... I hate you!!” I project.
“You’re so beautiful,” he lilts. He reaches through the bars and puts his hand on my face.
“S-Stop that... the silver will burn you...” I mumble.
“I don’t care,” he voices.
“Dad,” I weep. We sit there for hours. The skin on his arm begins to bubble and blister with pain. He winces, but keeps holding on to my face.
“I brought this doctor from Eddie’s pack. He is a human. He can go through the cages without being hurt. Let him see to your injuries.”
The doctor comes in the cage. “Let me guess. Eddie again?”
“You don’t even know him!” I spit.
He rolls his eyes rudely. He has cute glasses that make him look like a nerd. I giggle when he gasps at all the blood in the room.
He begins to stitch up my injuries. It hurts and I gasp. I cry for my daddy.
“I’m hear, cherry blossom,” Nick murmurs.
The doctor ignores me resolutely. His lips are a straight line and his eyebrows are stern.
“Are you uncomfortable?” I ask him kindly.
“Little bit,” he mutters.
I pat his shoulder in a comforting way. “Don’t worry. I’m scared too. We all must unite to free the world of Davis,” i croon.
He kind of ignores me. I ask him why. He explains, “I’m really not sure that’ll help things, at least where I’m concerned.”
“Eddie will save us. I just know it. I have faith in him,” I announce.
He rolls his eyes meanly. “I hope you’re very happy together,” he grumbles.
“I hope you find a very nice human lady too,” I empathize.
“I’m gay, but thank you,” he amends.
“Oh,” I agree.
When I’m all fixed up, the doctor leaves and Alpha Nick kisses me goodbye. The cave goes dark and I fall asleep.