xxx. end of the war.

end of the war
act iii, scene xxx

FLUTTERING HER EYES OPEN, Sowon looks up at the ceiling before turning her head to look besides her

FLUTTERING HER EYES OPEN, Sowon looks up at the ceiling before turning her head to look besides her. It was another bed and it held someone else who had its eyes closed. The person had red hair. It was Fred. Sowon closes her eyes hoping it was a dream. Fred couldn't be dead, she tells herself.

Peeking one of her eyes open, Fred's body still lays down next to her making her realize it wasn't a dream. Tears start to flood her eyes. Sowon closes her eyes and right when she opens them, tears fall fast.

"Sowon! You're awake!" A female's voice was heard, then many voices were heard. But Sowon ignored the voices and kept her eyes straight on Fred. Her heart was broken. She felt horrible. Most of all she felt most responsible.

"Is she alright?" It was a male's voice this time. Finally Sowon snaps out of her thoughts and starts to lean up to face the voices. Looking in front of her stood; Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley. No Draco.

"What happened?" Sowon managed to get out before turning to look back at Fred. Hermione bends down in front of the girl, "We won. Voldemort's died."

A smile went across the girl's face when hearing those words. Turning to look back at her friends, all of them smile back at her as how couldn't they? Her smile could light up a thousand candles. But her mind suddenly goes back to Draco. Where was he?

Standing up, Sowon feels herself fall back but Hermione helps her stand still. Ron rushes forward to help, "You should lay back down."

Sowon shakes her head and looks back at Fred's body. Tears still lay on her cheeks, both Ron and Hermione look at her with worry. Harry steps forward, knowing how she felt, "It's alright, Sowon. It wasn't your fault."

But Sowon couldn't help but feel like it was her fault as she was the one that passed out and could've protected Fred. Sowon reaches her hand to touch her back where she felt a snitches where her cut was last. Pulling her hand back, the Korean girl walks forward making her friends let go of her.

"Where are you going?" Ginny asks, leaning next to Harry.

Sowon doesn't turn around, she keeps walking, "To see someone."

He couldn't be dead that's what she tells herself. Draco was a fighter so she kept hope he was still alive. Pushing open the Great Hall doors, Sowon eyes is filled with horror as the castle was basically destroyed. She walks forward but then stops when she sees the blonde hair boy talking with Mcgonagall next to the courtyard.

Draco's still talking to Mcgonagall when he sees Sowon by the Great Hall's doors. He sees her friends follow behind and Hermione rushes up to the girl to grab her by the arm, urging her to go back and lay down. Not wanting to be rude to Mcgonagall and full out run to Sowon, Draco keeps still and talks.

He was telling Mcgonagall lists of Death-Eaters he knew didn't die and where to find them. Once he was done talking, Draco bows at the professor and watches her leave before turning on his heel to run forward. Sowon wobbles and starts to pick up the paste to run.

They both run forward until they meet in the middle, where Draco takes her by the arm and pulls her up into a hug with her feet off the ground. She was too weak to stand still and for all he knew she could fall back. Tears land on his shoulders.

"Please don't leave me ever again," Sowon murmurs into his shoulder.

Draco brushes her hair back, "I won't I promise."

Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione stand awkwardly from behind. Hermione leans her head on Ron's shoulder and watches the pair lean back from the hug. The group gasps when Draco pulls the Korean girl into a kiss. None of them thought they were the type of couple to kiss in front of people. But here they were.

Sowon pulls away from the girl and laughs after hearing her group of friends gasps. Draco pecks her lips one more time before letting her down onto her feet. He holds her hands tightly in his, "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

AT THE MALFOY MANOR, it was quiet. Not a sound was made. Draco and Sowon were the only people inside the resident. The war was over and the two could finally live their life peacefully without any worries. The two stand in the middle of the living room looking around.

Draco leans forward and takes off the photo of him and his parents together, "We'll live here. You and I. We can become a family."

Sowon walks behind him and lays her hand on his shoulder, "Are you sure this place is safe for us?"

"Of course it'll be. I'll make it be," Draco says, placing the picture down and turns to look at her. Sowon takes her hand off his shoulder and drops it down. The two stares at each other before Draco takes her by the hand to guide her up the stairs where he takes her to his room.

Draco helps the girl lay down and then places a kiss on her forehead before saying his goodnights but the girl takes him by the hand to stop him from leaving.

"Where are you going to sleep?" Sowon asks, holding his hand so he doesn't leave.

Draco looks at her, "On the couch."

"Sleep here with me. Stay with me," Sowon responds, taking his hand out of hers and pats her hand down next to the spot beside her. Draco nods and walks around the bed and then lays down in front of her. Sowon turns around to fully face him where he places a hand on her cheek.

Draco leans forward and places a kiss on his lips, then leans back breaking the kiss, "Get some sleep, love."