Fourteen

7 months later

"Waaaaaaa!!!" The loud cries of a baby screamed throughout the whole beach house.

"Mona." I said sleepily, shaking her shoulder as her head is laying on my chest while she's asleep.

"What?" She yawned.

"Go get that baby to shut up." I smacked my teeth, as my eyes get droopy from my tiredness.

"Nigga that ain't my baby. Jay and Anita needa take care of that, not me."

"Go in the room and tell them to hush it."

"You do it. I'm sleep."

"Mona." I sighed. "Just do this one favor for me ma. Please." He begged.

I sucked my teeth, rolling my eyes as I placed myself out of Dave's arms and lifted my head up from his chest to get out the bed and throw on my night clothes and slippers, making my way to Jay, Anita, and Baby JJ's room.

Jay and Dj graduated high school last week, so we took a family trip all together to Bora Bora to celebrate.

"Jay!" I flicked the light switch on, causing his eyes to open slowly and soon as he opened his eyes, he squinted them from the bright light that his eyes weren't adjusted to yet. "Boy, do you not hear that baby crying?" I put my hands on my hips.

"My bad auntie." He said sleepily. "Anita take care of that." He shook her to wake her up.

"I took care of it an hour ago. It's your turn now." She yawned as she woke up.

He huffed and walked over to JJ's cradle. "Shhhhh" he hushed, patting his back to put him back to sleep.

"What's going on in here?" Cora asked, coming behind me tiredly from the hallway as she walked in the room and stood by the doorframe.

"Girl, JJ done woke Dave up. He sent me in here to tell jay to put him back to sleep."

"Need help?" Cora asked jay.

"Nah I got it ma. Go back to bed."

I walked out of their room and went to Naomi's room to check on her, Unique, and Aniya. The three of them decided to share a room. And as I walked in they were sound asleep. Then I walked in Dj's and Darions room to make sure they're good, and they were fast asleep too. The last room I checked was my moms and Leon's room, and they were sleep as well.

As I walked back out to the hallway to head to Dave's and I's room, Dave had fallen back to sleep, spread out on his back and snoring with his mouth wide open. The way he sleeps is hilarious to me.

I took my night clothes back off and positioned myself back in his arms and placed my head on his chest, letting both of his arms cradle me.

-

"Mona wake up." Dave shook me once again like he did in the middle of the night.

"You stay waking me up." I rolled my eyes. "You do realize waking someone up in the middle of their sleep could cause brain damage?" I asked smartly.