6 - His Sister's Keeper

"Octavia, Isy, you'll never believe what's about to happen." Bellamy said as he entered.

"Inspection. We'll get in the hole." Octavia responded.

"No, no, no, no, no. Sit, sit. This is great." Bellamy stopped her.

"Please, Bell, we don't want to hear about another amazing moonrise When we're never gonna be able to see one." Octavia ran her fingers through her hair, frustratedly.

"You're going to see one right now." Bellamy replied and I dropped what I was doing and turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked and he pulled out two fancy masks from his pocket. "What are those for?"

"For you. The unity day masquerade dance starts in 10 minutes. Now, I didn't want to say anything until I was sure my cadet unit was working security. I'm gonna be there watching you two the entire time." Bellamy explained and Octavia took one of the masks and put It on.

"This is real? How do I look?" She got up and spun around.

"Mysterious." Bellamy said in a weird way and we all laughed.

"Oh, Bell, what about mum?" I asked.

"Hey, will you stop worrying? We'll be back before she even knows you're gone." He replied and held the mask out to me.

I looked down at it and sighed. "No Bell. I... I can't." I said.

"Why? Isy this is a once in a lifetime opportunity." Bellamy told me.

"I know, but I'm not getting mum killed. It is my dream to leave this room, but I can't risk it. You shouldn't either O." I explained.

"You sure?" Bellamy asked and I nodded sadly. "Well we'll be back soon." He said and both of my older siblings hugged me before Bellamy opened the door.

Octavia walked forwards, but stopped at the edge. "It's ok." Bellamy whispered and she left the room. Bellamy smiled at me before closing the door and leaving me without Octavia, which was very weird.

                             ***

"Hey girls, hey Bellamy. I'm home." Came mums voice. I poked my head up from out of the floor boards and my mum came to my side with a worried expression  "Where is Bellamy and Octavia?" She asked and I didn't reply. I didn't want to get them in trouble. "Isy." She said firmer.

"I... I don't know." I stuttered. Mum was so intimidating.

"Really?"

"Y...yeah."

"Isabella Amara Blake. Where are your brother and sister? Tell me now." 

"They went to the Unity Day masqarade so that Octavia could finally see the Ark." I told her.

'Crap. Bellamy's gonna kill me.' I thought.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. 

"Get back under now. No matter what happens tonight you do not leave that hole until they are gone." My mum told me and I climbed in.

My mum opened the door and 3 guards came in. "Aurora Blake you are under arrest for the crime of having a second child." The guard said and grabbed my mum.

I had to fight every urge in my body not to scream or cry loudly, or climb out and fight. I sat there silently crying, watching as they dragged my mother away to be floated.