10 - I Am Become Death

"Hey can I come too?" I asked Bellamy as he was about to leave with a group of people, to check out the drop ship.

"No. You got to rest that leg." He replied and gestured to where the arrow hit me the night before.

"Bellamy, I told you I'm fine." I said just as I tripped and fell, hurting my leg even more. "Alright I'll stay." I corrected myself.

I watched, disappointed as my brother and most of my friends walked off.

I then saw Octavia at the other side of the camp so I made my way over to her. "Hey sis." I kissed her on the cheek.

"You should be resting that leg." She said and smiled.

"Seriously? That's what Bellamy said." I told her.

"And Clarke." She reminded me. "Better listen to the Doc."

I sighed and walked into the drop ship to take a break. I then heard yelling and I groaned in annoyance before pulling myself up and making my way to the door.

Before I could get outside the parachutes opened and in came Connor and Derek carrying a blood covered Murphy.

"Murphy? Oh my god." I whispered and dropped down beside him as he was placed down, despite my leg hurting.

"Isy?" He asked, barely a whisper.

"Yeah." I laughed and started tearing up. "I thought you were dead." I told him and he weakly smirked.

"Well I'm right here sweetheart." He replied and I passionately kissed him, not caring about the thick layer of blood I received.

I pulled back and looked up to see Connor and Derek, and anyone else in here staring at me, in shock.

"What!? You've never witnessed a kiss before?" I asked and they cleared their throats and looked away, but occasionally gave quick glances back. "How about you take a picture? It'll last longer!" I yelled and Murphy laughed. "Stay here. I'll be right back." I told him, kissed his forehead and left, only to come back, seconds later with a bucket of water and some rags.

I started cleaning off the blood from his face and I traced my finger along a scar he'd received from the Grounders. "Oh Murph, what did they do to you?" I asked.

"Well-

"I don't want to know. That was a rhetorical question. You tell me, and I'll probably go on a murderous rampage." I joked.

"I would to if it were you, so I don't blame you." He replied.

We stared into each other eyes for a while until I heard the unmistakeable voice of my brother. "Where is he?" He asked and came storming in. "Isy, get the hell away from him." He dragged me away.

"Bellamy!" I pushed him off and knelt back down next to Murphy again.

"He claims he was with the Grounders." Derek said.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Connor added.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders." Murphy corrected them.

"Anyone see Grounders?" Bellamy asked and the others shook their heads. "Well, in that case--" Bellamy aimed his gun at Murphy but I stood in the way.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Isy move. We were clear what would happen if he came back." Bellamy still held his gun up.

"No. If he was with the Grounders, then he knows things that can help us." Finn backed me up.