13 - We Are Grounders (p2)

I stood in the middle of camp, gun in hand, watching everyone as they panicked about. 

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, but I didn't make any effort to remove them. It was no secret I was sad. After what happened today, but it was also the fact the we were leaving. 

The camp, the very camp I stood in, was ours from the very beginning. We had all been through so much together, at this one place. 

We were sent down to die, but we survived, most of us, we made so many new friendships, relationships, bonds, that would never even be possible if we were still on the Ark.

We came down here together, we fought together, we fought each other, we survived together, and we changed each other, all in this very camp. 

It was defiantly better than the Ark. Despite the Grounders, I loved it here, it was our sanctuary that we built, with nothing. No tools, no other help, just team work. Each other. 

There were so many memories, and we were just leaving them all behind. This is our home, we have the right to fight for it, but instead we're leaving, running away like cowards.

We are Grounders now, and we can take the Grounders if we just stick together, but no. We are leaving, and will probably never see this place again, never feel safe again, like we were here.

I stood there in one spot, debating if I would go with the others, or stay and fight back, even if I was alone, even if it killed me. 

I was suddenly spun around, and right there in front of me was my sister. "Hey." She said slowly.

"Hey." I said quickly.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah I just... I don't wanna leave. This is our home. We've made so many connections and realationships, that wouldn't exist if we were on the Ark, we've made so many memories together, right here, and we've all been through so much together... Right here. And-and now we're just leaving it all behind? Like it's that easy?" I started and was pulled into a hug.

"But no matter where we go, or who we become, we will still have each other, all 82 of us, and Bellamy and Raven." She told me and then left to lead the pack.

I saw Clarke and Bellamy standing next to each other. Clarke had her hand placed on Bellamy's arm, so softly.

'Ha Bellarke.' I thought as I walked over to them.

"You did good here, Bellamy." I heard Clarke say.

"18 dead." He replied.

"82 alive. You did good." She told him.

"With some slip ups here and there." I entered the conversation and Clarke gave me a look of disapproval. "But you did do good, Bell. You came down here to what? Keep Octavia and I alive? Well you succeeded in that, you also kept almost 100 people alive too. You've saved us, all of us, more then once, we probably wouldn't even be here right now if not for you. And no matter how angry you make me, I can never forget that." I added and then walked away to leave.

I decided to change things up a bit, I walked with Miller and Drew at the front of everyone.

"You know the first thing I'm gonna do when we get to the beach?" Miller asked us as he slung his arm around both Drew and I's shoulders.

"No. What?" Drew and I asked, in unison.

"I want to go surfing." He told us and I smiled.

"Quiet. Keep your eyes open." Jasper told us but we ignored him.