8 - Day Trip

"You’re still here?" Bellamy asked Octavia and I as he climbed dlwn the ladder.

"I’m not moving until you let me up there to see him. Neither is she." Octavia gestured towards me.

"Get comfortable." He muttered and was about to walk away but stopped and turned back to us. "I let him live. Isn’t that enough?" He asked.

"He saved her life, and yours, and mine." I spoke up.

Bellamy sighed. "I know you see it that way, but..."

"That’s the way it is." Octavia cut him off.

"He’s still dangerous." Bellamy was right there.

"Only because of what you did." I glared up at him.

"Whatever twisted connection you think you two have with that animal, forget it. You don’t get to see him. End of conversation." Bellamy said, and then again, turned to leave, but this time was stopped by Octavia's voice.

"Why do you even care if I ruined your life? You should want me to go up there. Maybe you’ll get lucky and he’ll kill me, problem solved." She started.

"Octavia, you know I didn’t mean that." Bellamy tried.

"Bellamy." Clarke's sudden voice startled me.

"The answer is still no. I’m not talking to Jaha." Bellamy said.

"Hey, relax. That’s not why I’m here." Clarke told him.

"What, then?"

The Ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here." I heard and I had a sudden hopefulness.

"What kind of supplies?" Was next.

"The kind that might give us a chance to live through winter. I’m gonna go check it out. I could use backup." Clarke nudged him.

"Why are you asking me?" Bellamy asked and I had a think about it, it was actually weird.

"Well, because right now, I don’t feel like being around anyone I actually like." Clarke replied and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I’ll get my stuff, meet you in ten." Bellamy stormed off.

Clarke have me a look that I couldn't quite read, before following step. I stepped out too a minute later and when I did I saw Clarke and Bellamy at the gate, packing supplies, so I headed over.

"That’s a lot of rations. You realise this is a day trip." I heard Clarke say to Bellamy. 

"A lot can happen in a day." He simply replied.

"Bellamy! Can I come?" I asked. 

"No way." He said.

"Oh come on."

"Isy! I said, no! Leave it at that." He turned and left but I wasn't giving up that easy.

I stealthily followed him until we got far enough away from camp, that I knew he wouldn't send me back alone.

I entered into the awkward silence and Bellamy pulled his knife out and pushed me against a tree. Once he realised it was me he let go and sighed. "I told you to stay in camp." He said.

"Oh please. When have I ever been the one to listen?" I asked.

"She does make a point." Clarke added and then smiled at me.

"Well I guess you're coming with us." Bellamy spoke up. "Just stay close. I don't need you getting kidnapped by Grounders again."

"Ok."