chapter 2

Recap

Was that who they were talking about? Tenten? A wave a relief washed over her for some reason. Sakura hasn't realized how anxious she was feeling.

Recap end

Third POV

But, Sakura thought that didn't explain why she wasn't told of this little get-together.

The anxiety returned slightly.

"She couldn't come she had to help her father in his weapons shop."

Lee's voice rang out, it was not as enthusiastic as usual, but it was still slightly loud.

"You should tell her soon, you just end up hurting her feelings otherwise. And aren't you tired of her holding you guys back?"

It was Shikamaru again, it hit Sakura. They were talking about her. That was why she was not invited. She was the reason for this reason.

Sakura froze stiff, they thought she was holding them back? Her heart cracked. Her boys thought that she was holding them back?

"Yes but, it doesn't make it any easier to have her forced off the team!"

Sakura felt her heart crack a bit she was going to be forced off her own team by her own boys? The boys that she grew to cherish as a family after her parents had died during the chunin exam' sand and sound invasion? The same voice continued as if to add salt and lemon to the wound.

"What's even worse is that grandma Tsunade's breathing down my neck now! When though grandma Tsunade agrees Sakura-chan's still her apprentice and she cares a lot about Sakura-chan's feeling! Even when Kakashi sensei agreed to have her taken off the team to try to convince Tsunade to have Sakura-chan get taken off the team!"

Sakura's heart cracked a bit more. She had heard enough. But another voice continued to speak.

"At least she won't be holding us back. After tomorrow she will officially be off of the team. I don't get why you're making a big deal out of this dobe."

It was Sasuke

Crack

"I just feel bad, that it."

Naruto

Crack

"Well, don't, dobe. She's been holding us back for as long as she's been on the team, you don't need to feel bad if anything she should've left the team years ago."

Crack

"Well, yeah, but I can't help but feel bad, even if what your saying is true she's still our friend."

Crack

"Is she even really our friend she always hits you on the head whenever she can just to relieve some anger that you don't even cause."

Crack

"I..."

Sakura's heart shatter. Tears welled up in her eyes. She silently got up and made her way home.

Her boys- her family they really thought that of her? They thought that she was holding them back? They thought that she wasn't their friend? Her master thought that of her? Her Sensei, the man She saw as a father figure thought that of her? She entered her room curled in on herself and cried. She cried and cried and cried.

The room filled with her sobs, she thought back to what would happen when the day ended tomorrow.

After what seemed like an eternity but was only a few hours, Sakura looked up at her room. It had changed in the past few months with her, the ways, dark as night with painted roses climbing up the wall. She then looked to her desk were a few letters each address to people that she cared about. She stared at them for a while before looking at her closet, she got up and changed from hey shinobi attire into a red hoodie that reached to her knees and a pair of black sweatpants.

She took the letters and placed them in her pockets. She went to her kitchen and got a glass of water to replenish some strength. She cleaned the glad when she finished and then she headed to the only person that she felt she could trust.

She had gotten close to her over the years after she had met her all those years ago. She had come to see the woman she was going to meet as her mother figure recently. She went to Anko.