The Backseat

Warning: the following chapter may not be suitable for young readers below 15. It contains sexual and cuss words, read at your own risk, you have been warned. 

Tin and Can took a seat the waiter suggested, facing each other as they gave their orders, waiting for it. 

'who was the guy the other day Can?' asked Tin suspiciously, waiting for an answer. 'Li Yu? An old friend and also was a classmate while I was studying in China. My other friends were supposed to come too, mom said, but they couldn't make it, sadly..' said Can as Tin nodded with ease. 

'why to ask though?' asked Can. 'Just suspicious... He didn't speak much, though cheerfully, but not much.' Tin said, wanting to know more about Can.

 'Yeah, his parents divorced, he communicates through letters with his mom, she lives in Canada. She's very kind, always complains why I don't eat much.' said Can highlighting the last sentence, and Tin laughed. 

'you speak fair Chinese Can.' Complimented Tin, he was very impressed with Can speaking Chinese. 'Thanks, Tin.' said Can in English, as Tin widened his jaw. 

'Now I'm more suspicious Can, tell me where did you study English?' Tin almost yelled at Can who was taken aback. 'Well... yeah, we were taught English there too. So it pretty sums up!' said Can as the waiter brought the dishes, placing them neatly in front of them. 

'So? Let us go on a date.' said Can boldly, as he took a spoonful of fried rice. Tin choked on food and as Can grabbed the glass of water beside him, putting its edge on Tin's lips. 

'You okay?!' asked Can, who was worried. 'I'm fine, I just got shook by the question. Yes, Let's go on a date this Friday.' Tin said smiling. 'where do you wish to go?' asked Can. 

'you decide.' 

'I did last time, now it's your turn.' 

'Let's watch a movie then, in a theatre.

Can looked up to meet Tin's eye, shook by his answer, 'You sure? because the last time we went to the open market on Friday, you said you hate crowded places?' Can teased. 

'But now I want to go..' said Tin raising a brow. 'Okay then.' 

'Choose the movie then.' said Tin resting back on his chair. Waiting for an answer. 'Well, I will look it up and text you?' 

'Okay.' He said, taking a spoonful of rice into his mouth. And as Can's phone ringed with a text, he opened it. 'Looks like I'm grounded.' said Can while tensed, as Tin drew his eyes from the plate towards him. 

'what happened Can?' asked Tin, he saw Can typing a text. 'I was supposed to help my mom today, but here I am.' Tin laughed at him, he knew he was forgetful and clumsy. 

'Never mind, let's eat.' Said Can, taking a big spoonful of rice into his mouth, chewing. Tin had to get used to Can's simplicity. For him, it was the first time in years he had been to an open restaurant. 

He had a talk with Lay, Can's younger sister, who gave the idea for another date the previous day. They had a very brief talk about the date. Lay suggested to watch a romance movie, which is likely Can would suggest, she was also worried that he will take a horror movie, but he's too scared to mention that. The last time they watched a movie together, Can ended up clinging to Tin, which Tin liked. 

As they finished their meal, Can paid at the counter, 'I'll see you tomorrow.' said Tin packing up his things, adjusting his tie, whereas Can was in his sports outfit. 'okay then. I'll text you.' said Can as they reached out of the restaurant.