Chapter 3

Evie's POV

My phone started buzzing on the bed side table. I turn over from my bed to pick it up and see that Freddie was calling me. I sigh and then answer the phone.

"What do you want? You just woke me up" I said down the phone.

"Oh sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to go shopping today with me and Mckayla?" He asks. I was about to say yes but then I realised it was Friday.

"Sorry I'm busy today. I'm sure Caleb could go with you both" I tell him as I get out of bed and over to my wardrobe.

"Nah he's got a conference meeting but that's alright. I'll see you soon okay"

"Yeah of course. Have fun with Mckayla" I tell him and we end the call on each other. I continue to look through my wardrobe.

I pick out a Ralph Lauren pink polo shirt and tucked it into some blue high cut jeans. I then head over to my desk and apply some makeup and brushed my hair.

I then quickly clean the place and sit on my sofa waiting for Simon. He didn't mention what time he was coming and I didn't want to bother asking just in case he was busy.

————————

About 30 minutes later I hear the intercom buzz so I get up from the sofa and over to it.

"Who is it?" I ask down it.

"It's Simon" A voice appears back at me. I buzz him in and wait for him to come and knock on my door.

When he does I answer it and we just stand there smiling at each other for a minute. I jump back to earth and open the door wider for him to walk in which he does.

"This is a nice place. You live here by yourself?" He asks looking around.

"Yeah I do. Which means you could murder me and no one would be here to find out" I say which makes him laugh. I show him over to the sofa and he sits down.

"Can I get you a drink? Water? Soda? Beer?" I ask walking over to my kitchen which was opposite the living room.

"I have to drive home so I'll just has a soda please" He says kindly. I open the fridge and pull out 2 cans of coke. I go over to the sofa and sit next to Simon and pass him the can.

"So then mystery boy, what do you do for a living?" I ask cracking open my can.

"I'm actually a youtuber. I'm in a group called the Sidemen, have you heard of us before?" He asks taking a sip of his drink.

"I think I have actually. Tobi might have mentioned it sometime at church. KSI's in your group isn't he?"

"Yeah he's my best mate. He's doing really well recently with his music and everything" he says proud of his friend.

"I know I've heard his stuff. It's quite impressive actually"

"So then what do you do? For a living?" Simon asks me.

"Oh I'm studying Latin currently at uni and I help my dad out at his business with some investments. It's stressful at times when the trades go down but it never gets that bad"

"That's like maths shit isn't it?" He asks which makes me chuckle a bit.

"Yeah it is. But one day I'm hoping to become a singer maybe" I say smiling at myself in hope that my dream does come true.

"You can sing?" He asks

"I like to think"

"Sing that song every girl is addicted to" he says trying to think of what the song is called.

"Everybody by the backstreet boys?" I say which makes him laugh.

"No I think it's called put your head on my shoulder or something like that. I'll judge to see if you're actually good or not"

"Alright" I laugh and grab out my phone to play the song and lyrics. I was a bit nerve racking at first but I got used to it.

I finished singing the song and Simon started clapping.

"Holy shit I didn't know you sung that well"

"I guess I have many hidden talents" I smile devilishly.

We talked about a few more things and actually got to know each other quite well. I cooked us some lunch and he liked it surprisingly, as I don't know how to cook that well.

"Oh Simon, you should come to our birthday party next month. You can bring your friends, I think we booked too big of a hall" I said in the middle of eating.

"We?" He asks.

"Shit you don't know?" I ask him back. Was he unaware that I was a quadruplet?

"My sister, brothers and I. You did know I was a quadruple right?" I chuckled a bit at how he hadn't a clue.

"No holy shit. A quadruple? 4 of you!" He laughs.

"Yeah I know. I feel bad for my parents. Anyway I think you'll love them but let me just warn you that my brother Freddie might be a little bit protective of me."

"Tell me more about your family then Evie. Just so I know who I'm meeting"

"Well there's me of course, I'm the musician of the family. Then there's Mckayla, my sister. She's off her mind most the time but she's lovable and bubbly. My brother Freddie, he's well, Freddie. I'm not quite too sure how to explain him, he's super kind and you can speak to him about literally anything. Then my other brother Caleb, he's way too smart to be in our family. He got all A*s in everything and he's now owning his own business." I blurt out and then get my breath back.

"Then we have my mother, Diana. We call her princess Diana because she literally is a princess. And of course my father Jack. He owns his bank and helps people with loans. I suppose we've always been a happy family." I smile as I finish speaking.

"Wow so you all work really hard to get what you want then."

"Yeah. People think us kids get it easy because my dads got the money but he taught us hard and kept pushing us at our education. I suppose having the money for private schooling and tutors helped but we eventually got where we all wanted in the end" I tell him.

"You should really try singing professionally. I think it'll work out for you Evie." Simon smiles at me. I smile back and grab his empty plate from him and head over to the kitchen to clean them.

"Well I best get going. Thank you for having me and for the food. You should come around mine one day and meet up with the boys. They'd love you, especially JJ" He says as he stands up and grabs his jacket off the sofa.

"Yeah good idea, maybe sometime next week" I smile and give him a little hug then walk him over to the door.

"I really did enjoy today" Simon smiles again.

"So did I" I smile back and rest my head against the door. This man was genuine. Even if I had only known him for one day, I wanted to get to know him even more.

"Well I'll message you my house when you decide what day you want to come around. I'll see you soon" He says walking backwards to face me and heads out the door.

"Yeah of course. I'll see you then Simon" He turns back around and walks down the hall so I close the door.

Today has been interesting. Getting to know Simon has been a lot different from the people I know. He's so much more fun and has such a better life then most of my friends. He doesn't care about money and likes his job for his job. Maybe I should follow him in his footsteps.