Chapter 4

It was a rainy afternoon. My sister Mckayla and I were sat on my bed. She was talking about how she tried a corn dog for the first time in ever and I, let's be honest, I wasn't listening.

Ever since that day Simon came to my house and we spoke and I made him lunch, I couldn't get him off my mind. It's like I had a thing for him. Maybe I do I'm not too sure. I've never felt like this with anyone before.

"Evie!" Mckayla says waving her hand in my face. I jump out of my trans and focus on her. "Did you not listen to my story about the corn dogs?"

"Oh yeah sorry I was listening" I lie.

"What happened then if you were listening" she says and crosses her legs on the bed to get comfortable.

"I don't know I'm sorry Kayla"

"You're off. What's wrong with you today? Your mind is elsewhere" she says and grabs one of my hands and cups it with both of hers.

"There's this boy..." I start. She giggles a bit. "What's so funny?" I ask her.

"Well what's so important about this boy. You've had many boys before in your lifetime"

"But this ones different. He's fun unlike everyone else. His job is fun and he's just a lovely guy." I smile to myself.

"I say you go for it. And with this party coming up you'll have someone to go with. Who even is he anyways?" Mckayla asks wanting to know more.

"He's one of Tobi's friends, the guy from church. He does YouTube and his life is just so interesting unlike mine"

"But Evie you know a lot of shit that makes your life interesting. You have done a lot for someone who's 23. You're still in uni but also have a job at one of the best places in London. He might think your life is interesting." Mckayla reminds me. Maybe she's right, he might think what I do is interesting with the singing and everything.

I hear a bing from my phone which interrupts mine and Mckaylas conversation. I pick it up to see it was a message from Simon.

"Look I have to get going to work now so I'll speak to you tomorrow or something. Bye love you" Mckayla says as she stands up. I put my phone down quickly not looking at the message and walk her to the door. We say our goodbyes and I go back to my room to check what that message was.

Simon: Hey, I was wondering if you weren't busy today you could come around. It's a bit rainy but we can stay at mine.

Me: Of course, send me your address and I'll be on my way :)

I get up off my bed and put on some makeup as I didn't bother putting any on when Mckayla was around. I finished that and then grabbed my phone and walked down to the garage.

I get into my car and put Simon's address into the navigator and then start my journey. As it was rainy, the roads weren't that busy so I managed to get to Simon's in 20 minutes.

I press the buzzer and wait for him to let me in. I go into the elevator and up to Simon's floor and then knock when I get to his apartment.

"Hey that was quick" he says as he opens the door. We both smile at each other and then he opens the door for me to come in.

"Holy shit you have a piano!" I shout and run over to it which makes Simon laugh.

"You can play?" He asks and I sit down at the stool.

"I think so. I haven't played in a few months though" I say pressing on some of the keys.

"Play something for me"

I set it up and begin to play my favourite piece.

After about half way through another man comes into the room which causes me to stop.

"Holy fuck it was like that song was summoning me" he says which makes Simon and I laugh.

"That was so fucking good!" Simon says.

"Thank you"

"Anyway who are you and why are you playing piano at my house?" He asks.

"I'm a friend of Simon's. And you are?" I ask him back and he just looks at me weird.

"KSI..." he says.

"Holy shit I didn't realise" I laughed at myself which made them both laugh as well. He then walks over to the sofa which Simon was sitting on as well.

"This is Evie. She's Jack Montgomery's daughter." Simon says to him. I close the piano and turn around to face them both.

"The one who helped us with the house?" KSI asks.

"Yeah that's the one. Anyways I don't know if Simon has told you but I'm having a party next month and you can come with some friends. That's if you want to or aren't busy." I tell them both again.

"I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it. I could even preform if you'd like" KSI says.

"If you don't mind KSI. I'm going to be performing at some point as well so it should be fun" I tell him.

"You can call me JJ you know." He laughs.

"Sorry, I didn't know your name to be honest"

"Ha told you you were irrelevant" Simon laughs at JJ.

———————

We all talked together for a while until JJ had to go. We discussed that we'd do a collab and preform together at the party. But now it was just me and Simon alone in his house.

"Should we order some food? And then we can talk a bit more or watch tv" Simon said.

"Yeah sure" I replied.

We both ordered some food and was now talking. It was nice to actually talk to someone who isn't doing the same thing I am. Like most of my friends I know from work and to be honest they aren't as fun as Simon.

After a while of us both talking Simon gets a knock at his door. He walks over to it and answers it.

"Hey man can we come in?" I heard a familiar voice saying. It was Tobi's. Simon looks over to me on the sofa and I smile and nod my head showing that it was okay.

"I have a friend around" Simon says as he opens the door wider and Tobi and another man walk in.

"Evie hey! I wasn't expecting you here" Tobi says coming over to me as we exchange hugs.

"I wasn't expecting you here either. Simon and I were just talking about this party me and the others are setting up. You're welcome to come and bring some friends." I tell him releasing the hug.

"Sorry am I the only person who doesn't know who this is?" The other man says.

"Oh my bad. I'm Evie. Me and Simon met at the park the other day and have spoken a bit from then. And then me and Tobi know each other from church."

"She's Jack Montgomery's daughter" Simon adds.

"Oh shit" the man says.

"Why does everyone always bring up my dad for?" I ask.

"Because your dad is rich. Anyways I'm Ethan. Nice to meet you Evie" Ethan says and pulls me into a hug.

"Anyways I better get going. I have to get to work. It was nice seeing you all" I smile at them all and they smile back. Simon walks me out to the door.

"I'll see you another time then I suppose" he says as he opens the door for me.

"Of course. I like getting to know you" I say and pull him into a hug. "I'll see you soon." I smile and walk away down to the elevator.