Chapter 6

1 week later

"Evie can I have a quick word with you in my office please" my father says as I'm in the middle of work. I nod and quickly lock my computer. I then make my way to my father's office and see him sitting in his chair.

"What's up?" I ask him in a chill tone.

"You've been hanging around with them boys too much haven't you?" He asks sounding quite angry.

"Not since the party no. We've messaged, why do you ask?" I ask him back wonderingwhy he suddenly cared about who I hung around with.

"They are the reason why you are slacking work Evie. I can't keep you here. You used to be my best worker but now you're letting the trades go down. I can't let this happen to my company." He says sounding quite stressed. I know I've been slacking a lot but this is non of my new friends fault.

"I know I'm sorry. I won't let you down again, I promise" I know I should defend them but after all my family is more important then some new friends I have just met.

"Good because I'm starting to get a bit disappointed at your behaviour recently. This is your last chance Evie I'm warning you. You may be dismissed." Okay maybe I take that back. Maybe friends are more important then family when my family is 'disappointed' in me.

I stand up from the chair and walk out the room not looking back at him. I'm so angry at him how he could just say that. How he's willing to fire me, his own daughter, just for having a few bad days with the trades.

I sit back down at my desk and get onto my word straight away. I need this job and I need to make my father proud of me.

———————

It was finally time for my break. I locked my computer yet again and headed out into the sunshine. I made my way over to a little coffee shop just around the corner.

I got myself a spicy chicken wrap and a water then sat down at a table. A few minutes later I see the seat from opposite me move. I look up from my phone and smile at the guy who sat down.

"Hiya little." I smile and take a sip of water.

"It's Stuart" He says frowning.

"I know" I laugh. Stuart has the same job as me but works at a different company. We're not allowed to talk to each other about it because we're basically in competition with each other.

"So how's everything?" He asks and opens up his sandwich.

"Uh it's not the best. My father just threatened me saying I need to get my act together otherwise he's going to fire me and then had the audacity to bring my new friends into it." I tell him sighing at the end.

"But you're amazing at your job. Who are these new friends anyway?" He asks.

"Well there are 7 of them. Simon, Tobi, JJ, Ethan, Harry, Josh and Vik. They are really nice boys and really fun" I say with a smile on my face.

"No way, the sidemen?" He asks looking shocked.

"Um yeah I think that's what they call them. Why? Do you know them?"

"Not personally, my boyfriend is a youtuber and he knows them." Stuart says.

"You never told me you were dating someone" I say shocked.

"Yeah he's really nice actually. His name is Alex. I think you'll like him" he tells me with a smile. We carry on talking until I finish my break and go back to the office block.

I sit down at my desk and get through the next 4 hours. I was on and off phone calls trying to make my father proud and I did. I made £50,000 and everyone was surprised I managed to make that much.

After I finished I went to my parents. We all have a dinner together as a family every week and something bad happens every time. Last week Mckayla and Caleb argued because Mckayla was eating with her mouth open.

I open the door to my parents house and walk in to see everyone already sat down at the table waiting.

"Oh sorry I just got back from work" I apologise.

"It's alright darling. Come take a seat" my mother says smiling. I smile back and take my seat next to Freddie. We did our preying and began on our food, talking in between bites.

"Oh did papa tell you? I made £50,000 today!" I said proudly. Everyone clapped and congratulated me apart from my father.

"It's a shame you can't keep that up everyday" he says. I just sit back in my chair feeling guilty.

"Hey leave her alone. She did good today and that's all that matters" Caleb says from opposite me making me smile.

"But she's been slacking and losing money. If it wasn't for them boys she's been hanging around with then she'll be normal and slacking." He says again putting me down.

"I agree. I think them boys are trouble. Fathers right." Freddie says. I turn to him in shock, how could he do that?

"She's having fun and that's all that matters. I think she should go and do what she wants. Become a musician instead of working at your shitty company." Mckayla jumps in. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit but it soon leads my father into an outrage.

"RIGHT THATS IT! YOU TWO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE NOW!" He shouts. We both stand up and hook arms around each other and walk out proudly.

Seconds later Caleb walks out as well and we all just laugh. "Shall we go back to mine and watch a movie?" Caleb says. We agree and make our ways to Caleb's house. Maybe being a quadruplet is good after all.

A/N
I am honestly so sorry I haven't uploaded in like 2 weeks. I've been busy editing and I don't really have any ideas. I hope you understand 🥺.

Also if you want, follow my Instagram account. I'm usually active most the time. The name is @mxntersdmn
Thank you all for reading ily all