Chapter Two- School reunion (2)

Nighttime fell, and the two 'journalists' hopped into action. Sarah opening the wind the two had purposefully left open earlier.  The two trying to quietly sneak around the school without setting off any alarm systems. The two carefully made their way to the headmasters office yet got distracted by a loud sound. "The hell was that?" Estella whispered, for someone seemingly immortal this shouldn't scare her. The two ran to the boiler room.

The wooden box stood menacingly over the two woman. "Whats a police box doing in a school?" Estella whispered almost silently that Sarah did not hear her. The two left the room, not saying a word. Sarah was clearly in shock. 

Ending up back in the gym they heard a voice, "Hello, Sarah Jane." 

"It's you. Doctor." Sarah breathed. Her eyes wide with shock. "Oh my god it's you isn't it? You've regenerated."

The doctor smiled at his old companion, noticing his mate unmoving and staring at the scene that was unfolding in front of them. "Yeah. Half a dozen times since we last met." The two were talking but Estella felt awkward, sitting on a climbing frame. No longer paying attention to the two, her only question. Why the hell did she feel jealous?

Suddenly the trio heard a scream, and all ran off in the direction. They ran into a blonde lady on the way. "Did you hear that?" She asked the doctor, slightly glaring at the two women standing next to him. "Who are they?" She asked, causing the doctor to do quick introductions as they were kinda in a rush.

"Hi, nice to meet you. You can tell you're getting older, your assistants are getting younger." Sarah replied, Estella looked at her in shock she thought that was quite rude of Sarah. 

"I'm not his assistant!" Rose said annoyed. She liked to think of herself as the doctors only woman, you know the only girl in universe the doctor trusts. Only she was not. Estella rolled her eyes and continued on to where they heard the scream. 

The team walked into a classroom, where Mickey stood sheepishly. "Sorry, it's only me. You told me to investigate so i started looking through some of these cupboards and all these fell out on me." 

"Oh my god, they're rats. Dozens of rats, vacuum packed rats." Rose said. 

"And you decided to scream?" the Doctor questioned. 

Estella laughed, "Well i bloody would."  The doctor began to tease the Mickey calling him a nine year old girl. 

"Hello, can we focus? Does anyone notice anything strange about this? Rats in school." Rose said, but honestly it didn't seem that strange as every school is completely different so they may just like to dissect rats? 

"They use them in biology lessons. They dissect them. " Sarah Jane replied, "Or maybe you haven't reached that bit yet. How old are you?"

"Excuse me, no-one dissects rats in school any more, they haven't done that for years." Rose snapped back hastily. Estella rolled her eyes, and began to tune out the conversation again. 

Looking at the doctor she couldn't help feel some sort of connection toward him. Part of her wanted to reach out to him, for comfort. She had to admit since meeting the doctor she felt more human. "Anyway, moving on!" The doctor called. "Everything started when Mr. Finch arrived. We should go and check his office." he finished throwing a rat at Mickey. 

Sarah Jane and Rose each took a side of the doctor, again making Estella feel jealous. "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but who exactly are you?" 

"Sarah Jane Smith. I used to travel with the Doctor." She replied, a small smile on her face. "Oh, he's never mentioned you." Rose said smugly. 

"Oh, i must have done. Sarah Jane. I mention her all the time." 

"What about you?" She said, asking Estella. 

"Estella Mikealson." The tribrid replied, so desperately wanting to threaten the young blonde. "Sarah Jane's amazing best-friend." when the young girl said this Sarah Jane smiled, feeling not as bad as before. Both girls knew Estella had a hard time trusting people so it was amazing that she trusted Sarah enough to call her a friend. 

"Rose, you know you used to think all the teachers slept in the school well they do." The doctor said in shock. Looking up the group saw a group of giant bats. Causing the Rose and Mickey to run, and the rest walk out calmly. "When Finch arrived, he brought with him seven new teachers, four dinner ladies and a nurse. 13. 13 big bat people. Come on."

"You gotta be kidding!" Mickey said, afraid to go back in. 

"I need the tardis i need to analyse the oil from the kitchen." The doctor said simply. It wasn't that he didn't like Mickey but he was slowing him down right now. 

"We might have something to help you there. Follow us!" Estella said brightly, instinctively grabbing his hand. Both the Doctor and Estella felt electricity run through them. Making the other want to pull each-other closer and never let go. They felt complete. 

"K9! Rose Tyler, Mickey Smith, allow me to introduce K9. Well K9 mark 3 to be precise." He said happily. Still holding onto Estella's hand. Both either ignoring or not noticing Rose's glare. 

"Why does he look so disco?" Rose asked rudely. Estella really was not liking this girl. 

"Oi! Listen, in the year 5000, this was cutting edge." The doctor said offended. "What happened to him?" 

"One day he just nothing." Sarah replied, Estella had even tried to fix him but absolutely nothing worked and although the young girl was a genius she was not too well versed in outer space technology. "Didn't you try and get him repaired?" The doctor questioned. Estella scoffed, where would they go? 

"It's not like getting parts for a mini metro. Besides, the technology inside him could rewrite human science. I couldn't show him to anyone." Sarah explained. Causing the doctor to start stroking the tin dog. 

"No offence, but can you three just stop for a minute? Never mind the tin dog. We're busy." Rose complained.