Chapter Five - School Reunion (5)

"Think of it, Doctor. With the Paradigm solved, reality becomes clay in our hands. We can shape the universe, and improve it. " He said to the doctor, trying to get him on his side. 

"Oh yeah. The whole of creation with the face of Mr. Finch. Call me old- fashioned, i like things as they are. "The Doctor said.

"You act like such a radical and yet all you want to do is preserve the old order." Finch said with a slight head tilt. "Think of the changes that could be made if the power was used for good." 

"What by someone like you?" The doctor asked in a condescending tone. "No. Someone like you." Finch replied. "The Paradigm gives us power, but you could give us wisdom. Become a God, at my side. Imagine what you could do, think of the civilisations you could save. Perganon, Ascinta, your own people, Doctor. Standing tall. The Time Lords, reborn." 

"Doctor, Don't listen to him." Sarah said. 

"And you could be with him throughout eternity. Young, fresh. Never wither, never age, never die. Their lives are so fleeting. So many goodbyes. How lonely you must be, Doctor. Join us." He aimed toward the girls, trying to prove his point. 

"I could save everyone. I could stop the war." The doctor gazed off. 

"And what then Doctor? Save everyone but noone should ever have that much power, the universe has to move forward. You Doctor are never alone, no matter how much you lose. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether its a world, or a relationship." Estella said brightly, the Doctor looked at her in awe. He didn't need Gallifrey if he had her. The doctor grabbed a chair that was next to him adn smashed the board. Making Estella flinch at the loud sound. Grabbing her hand the four ran out of the room. 

On the way down a flight of stairs they ran into Mickey and a random school boy that didn't seem to be affected by the chips. "what is going on?" Mickey asked. Four Krillitanes started clambering towards them, making the group all take off running in the direction Mickey came. 

Ending up in the Cafeteria the doctor reached for his sonic as Mr Finch swung the doors open and the rest of the Krillitanes flew in. 

" Are they my teachers?" The young boy asked the doctor looking at the terrible bat things. " Yeah. Sorry." The doctor said to him, but not using a tone that would imply he was sorry.  

"We need the Doctor alive. As for the others? You can feast."  As Finch gave his instructions the Krillitanes began to try and get them all. So the group start to hide under the tables in an attempt to survive. A laser beam suddenly blinds Estella, K9 had managed to shoot a Krillitane. Finch screamed in rage, his brother was dead. 

"K9!" Sarah screamed. "Suggest you engage running mode, mistress." The dog replied to her. "Come on!" Estella shouted throwing a chair at the Krillitanes. The group all took off running as fast as they could.  

"K9, hold them back!" The doctor shouted as they left the room. "Affirmative, master. Maximum defence mode." The dog replied, spinning around in circles shooting his laser. The doctor sealed the doors behind him. 

Gathered around in the science classroom as the doctor started speaking. "It's the oil. Krillitane life forms can't handle the oil. That's it! They've changed their physiology so often, even their own oil is toxic to them. How much was there in the kitchens?" 

"Barrels of it." Rose replied. As she said that the Krillitanes began to bang on the door "Okay, we need to get to the kitchens. Mickey." The doctor said.  

"What now, hold the coats?" Mickey frustratingly exclaimed, raising his arms in annoyance. "Get all the children unplugged and out of the school. Now then, bats, bats, bats. How do we fight bats?" The doctor said, completely ignoring what Mickey said. 

Estella walked up to the fire alarm and quickly broke it, causing all the Krillitanes to scream. Estella had to bite her tongue from the pain, due to her extrordinary hearing. Sarah took the young girls hand and dragged her out, knowing she was in pain. The doctor looked at the girl in concern. 

The group ran into the kitchens, minus mickey. "God my ears." Estella said, feeling a bit of blood running down her cheeks from her ears, she wiped it away with her sleeve.

"They've been deadlock sealed. Finch must've done that. I can't open them." The doctor said frustrated, his soulmate was here and if he did not get these open she was going to die. As that thought crossed his mind he saw the blood on her cheeks, he went to go to her but Sarah beat him too it. 
K9 spoke up "The vats would not withstand a direct hit from my laser, but my batteries are failing." 

"Right. Everyone out the back door. K9, stay with me." The doctor said urgently. The group ran out of the doors, Sarah staying behind to wait for the doctor and K9. 

Estella and Rose stood together, watching as The Doctor comforted a crying Sarah. Estella's only thought was 'Why am i jealous?'

Sarah and Estella stood on the outside of the tardis ," Cup of tea?" The doctor asked the two as he stepped out of the tardis. 

Stepping inside Estella felt wonderful, like she was meant to be there. Tuning out the conversation between the group she looked around the tardis. Walking back outside she couldn't fathom how that huge room was inside this tiny box. "She's beautiful." Estella whispered, stroking the outside of the tardis. Walking back inside the Tardis hummed in appreciation of her. "What about you Estella?" The doctor suddenly asked. 

"What about me?" The girl asked noticing that everyone was staring at her. 

"Come with us?" He asked, his hearts pounding in his chest. What would he do if she said no.

"What about Sarah?" She asked, she couldn't leave the woman. Not when she was the one woman she trusted. Sarah walked over to the young girl. "Go with him, Little star."  Sarah told her as she held her hands. Tears littered in Estella's eyes. Her father had called her little star. "You've dreamt about seeing the stars since you were a child. It's time you found your own life." 

Estella smiled at the woman, "Okay. I'll go! But if you need anything Sarah and i'm not about to help you call Kol! Or Rebekah or even Freya. They will help you." Sarah smiled at the girls kindness. Giving her a goodbye hug. "Goodbye, little wolf."

"Goodbye, Sarah."