2

Laura Crane

I woke up at 4am when Eli cries, I held him up from the crib wondering what is wrong.
"Its okay baby" i said and gave him a bottle of milk

He was hungry.

I sat on the couch holding him while drinking his milk. After 20 minutes he was asleep again.

Its really hard though, being a mom. Its never an easy thing. Especially when you're just on your own.

—————
Flashback

July 19th, Nick and I our first anniversary wedding today.
I met him at the bookstore when we are in college.
I'm just an ordinary girl who fell in love to him.
We dated for one year and he ask me right before I graduated college to marry him.

We even got a lot of plans before he took the position of his father as the CEO of their biggest company.
I know its a lot of pressure having a husband like him but he always prioritized me. He always giving me flowers whenever he gets home.
He never forget about me until the month that came to us.

He suddenly changed.
I dont know why, but it is.
He always come home late and drunk.

July 15th

As I am waiting for my husband to come home, I decided to read a book.
Its been a week since Nicholas acting so strange.
He always get home late sometimes he's drunk and its like he's avoiding me.

I fell asleep on the couch while waiting for him, soon as I heard the door opened of our bedroom, I woke up. Smiling to him his face were just on serious expression. He's like annoyed with my present.

"Hey" I said but he walk straight to his closet

I felt a bit of pain when he ignores me like this. Its not just the first time. Maybe he's tired from work.

I went to the bed waiting for him but he just left our room.

I followed him and goes to the guest room.

"Babe what's wrong? What are you doing here?" I ask him he just looked at me

"You're so annoying" he said

Im in shocked when he said those words that hurt a bit of my feelings but I ignored it.

"Come on let's go back to bed" I said on the soft tone

"I'll sleep here" he said turning off the table lamp beside him as he lay down on the bed.

I just took a deep breathe and shut the door while my tears about to fall and get back to bed.

That night was really hurtful but it even worsen the next days.

Its July 19th, our first anniversary wedding, I decided to make simple dinner for us.
I dont know if he will go home early but I'm hoping. I want to surprise him. I even bought my present for him and hope he likes it. Nicholas loves surprises I bet it will make him more happy.

But soon as the clock ticks, it was alreayd 1 am. I felt tired and sleepy waiting for him but I had to stay up once he gets home so I could show him my surprise for him.

Staring at the food I just made, I didnt notice my tears kept on fallin on my cheek.
My heart aches thinking about whats happening to the both of us. I dont know what happened but it really hurts what he was doing to me right now.

At first I thought he was only tired from work so I just ignored it and be understanding but it even made worst.

As the time pass by, It was morning and I didnt even had a sleep waiting for my husband to come home.

I went to our bedroom, to change my outfit.

While making coffee, I finally heard the engine of his car coming in front of the front porch yard.

I felt a bit of relieve and excited at the same time.

I opened up the door for him, he looks irritated as if its he didnt get the like of seeing me.

"Glad you are up so early" he said

"I always does babe" I said and I can feel the tension and annoyance from his look.

Whats his problem anyways!

I wanted to greet him but I cant say it. I feel pained inside of me while looking at him. Its really like I'm talking to another person.

Suddenly, he passes me a brown envelope.

"Whats this?" I ask him he rolled his eyes in annoyance

"Go on open it" he said

I opened up the envelope and my eyes widened seeing those words written on the paper.

Divorce Settlement Contract

I looked at him and he was only looking at the paper which I am holding.
My tears began to fall reading the word Divorce.

It feels like he stabbed right on my chest multiple times.

"What is this Nicholas?" I ask him while my voice were shaking

"Sign them and get the hell out of my place" those words really like shots on my heart.

Is he even for real? My mind doesnt know how to react right now. I felt devastated.

"Please Nick, don't do this. We can work out it out right? Remember we always talk about problems. You can tell me, I'll change them for you. Dont you like food that I'm preparing for you everyday? Is there any problem with my attitude? Am I too clingy? that made you annoyed. Tell me please Nicholas dont do this"

My tears can't stop falling onto my cheek he was only on his poker face. He didnt even react.
Instead he just rolled his eyes on me.

He stayed silent for a while but after that he continue to speak

"Sign them now you piece of shit! And get the fck out of my place. Get lost! I dont care, I dont want to see your ugly face anymore"

My tears cant stop falling.

"Why? Is there someone?" I really dont know what to do at this moment.

But he didnt answered

"Please? Is there someone who-"

He cut my sentence when he says

"Yes!!" So instead of being a crybaby their! Sign them now! You're killing my patience woman!" On a loud tone

"Is this really w-what you want?" He didnt answered.

He asking for divorce, why not give him.
I get the sign pen from him and signed the paper.

Its really painful how we ended up like this.

I gave him the envelope.

"You can leave now, I hope when I get home you're already gone" he said without looking at me. He went outside and enter his car, starts the engine.
Im only just looking at his car drove as it fades out from my sight.

I closed my eyes and trying to hold the pain.
I never thought he will do this to me.
I loved him so much but he only just broke my heart.