4

Laura Crane

Next week will be Eli's first birthday. I saved much of money that I earn from my other sideline jobs. Still blessed cause I know always guiding us through everything.

It was my day off, I got up early to do our laundry.

My son was still sleeping, it is the best time to do some house chores.
I know so soon he will wake up.

Eli can walk and stand up on his own. He was so smart. I bet he'll be a whiz kid whe he grows up.

After washing the white clothes, I heard him cried.
So I went to our room and check up on him.

He was stops when he sees me and smiled at me.
He was babbling like he want to say something but I know he cannot speak. He's only 9 months old nearly 1

"My baby just woke up, come on. Come to mama"

He babbling like he's trying pronounce mama with "m-mamam"

I just snuggle him. Went to the living room and put them there. I gave him his plastic toy, the tools and animals. He really like playing on his own while I'm playing the Cocomelon from the youtube kids.

When I'm done, I return back to the living room and he was playing his toy.
When he sees me he crawl to my direction and asking me to get him up.

"Up mamam"he raised his two hands as I held him up.

"Are you hungry? Cause mama's hungry. You should play with your toy first so mama can cook our food. Okay?" I kissed his cheek and put him on the carpet in the living room as he began to cry.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I ask

He's only crying and staring at me.

"Okay come on" I held him up again, And I'm just cooking food while holding him. He's only watching me cooking.

"Can you please sit here sweetie? So mama can finish cooking"

He started to cry when Im about to put him on his crib.
He was testing my patience.

——————

I made healthy foods for him. And when we're done I decided to go out to buy some groceries cause we're running out of stocks.

Typhoon is coming next week, its better to get ready.

As I'm done fed him. He fell asleep. So I did took a shower and before he wakes up I'm done. Nice timing right. That's how really hard to be a mother.
You have to take shower quickly.
And then, its time for me to give him a bath.

He was playing his toy while I'm giving him a bath. Eli was not a fussy kid like others out there. He was angelic and smart. He only cries when he wants attention and doesnt want to let go of me.

"Ok sweetie all done. Time to get change" he was only babbling and his hand were on his mouth.

I put him his diaper and put his clothes.

He was only staring at me but then I remember Nicholas. He got the eyes from him. He's like a carbon copy of Nick.
I wonder if he sees him and find out that he was his child.

I put on my baby carrier and he was clapping his hands while babbling.
He really loves when Im doing this to him.

We took a cab and after 10 minutes, I arrived at the groceries.

—————

"Such a handsome little boy" the cashier said I smiled and Eli was babbling, his hand were on his mouth.

"Yeah he got that from his father" I told her while she was computing those items that I bought.

While I'm pushing the cart, one of the staff assist me to the taxi cab.

When we were about to enter someone grab my hand. I turned around and saw Nicholas standing in front of us.

My eyes widened in shock seeing him this so close again.

I dont know what to say..

Instead I went inside of the cab and told the driver to go drive.

He was knocking on the window but I just ignored it.
Eli was crying so loud like he was hurt.

"Shhhshhh, its okay baby. Its okay"

It only took 5 minutes before I arrive my apartment.

I dont know what to say. What did he wants now?