Chapter 11

Maya

"Oh my g-"

"If you tell him I will end your life right here right now." Benjamin threatened and I laughed

"Doesn't he already know?" I asked

"Of course not." Benjamin frowned at me in disapproval and then looked away. "And he's not going to, so don't get any ideas."

"Are you blushing?" I teased and he flopped back onto his bed. I climbed in bed next to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I don't blush." He spoke in a serious tone and pulled me closer to him.

"Well I think they should call you pink, because your cheeks are definitely shining right now." I laughed and he smiled and covered part of his face with his arm.

"This is why I will never tell you anything ever again." He mumbled and gave him a kiss while he wasn't looking.

"I like it when you're nice to me." I smiled and he rolled his eyes under his eyelids.

"Stop talking." He sighed and I smiled even wider.

"Okay."

"That counts as talking." He pointed out and I laid my head on his chest.

"Sorry." I smiled

"Still talking." He muttered

I stopped talking and after a while of silence I could hear his heartbeat. It was going a little faster than a steady beat would.

"Do you have heart problems or something?" I teased lightly and he chuckled.

"No. I'm pretty sure that's just my body's reaction to having a girl like you laying on my chest."He sighed

"What do you mean by that?" I asked

"Mean by what?"he mumbled

"Girls like me."

He sat up and I shifted over and sat up on my elbow to look at him. He grabbed my face gently as if I were a glass doll and kissed me.

"When I look at you I see someone who's got a lot to say. You stick up for what you think is right and I think that's good. Sure you can be a pain in the ass most of the time But you're beautiful. You're smart. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and think about what I'm going to say to you that day. Should I say Goodmorning? Should I ask her how she's doing... should I ask her if she needs anything..." Benjamin looked me in the eyes and let go of my face.

He tucked a loose curl of hair behind my ear and gave me the most vulnerable look.

"And then I see you and I can't talk. My words literally disappear into ... into fucking nothing. Then I remember that you are trapped here-"

"Hey it's not so bad." I sat up and shrugged "It's not that bad Benjamin. Knowing me I was probably going to get myself into something bad sooner or later."

"Don't. Don't do that." He shook his head

"Don't do what?" I sighed feeling slightly exasperated. We were having a good moment and I wanted to last.

"You're trying to make me feel better by saying things you think I want to hear. I'm not an idiot Maya."

"I never said you were Benjamin."

"And why do you keep calling me that after I told you to call me Blue?" He glared "you don't listen to anything I say."

"Because you're not the boss of me." I shot back and before I could blink I was roughly flipped onto my back. Benjamin was looking down at me with a serious look on his face.