Chapter 4

The kiss was brief and it only lasted for 5 seconds, but it surely was a passionate kiss. This was both Leon and Kylee's first kiss.

Kylee pulled away and smiled, happy to know that Leon was alive.

LEON
You... You... You kissed me. (He said in complete shock.)

KYLEE
Yeah. I guess I did. (She said, helping him to sit up straight.)

LEON
But... Why?

KYLEE
Because I... Like like you.

LEON
Really? What a coincidence.

KYLEE
Why do you say that?

LEON
Because I also like like you. (He said then he hissed in pain, as he felt the pain of his worsened broken arm.)

KYLEE
Oh my gosh, are you okay?

LEON
Yeah I'm fine. It just hurts real bad.

KYLEE
What were you doing? Why did you jump out the window?

LEON
Because my dad locked me up and took my phone.

KYLEE
Hold on, you're dad locked you up in the bathroom. Are you serious? Why would he do that?

LEON
Because he's part... Of a gang. He's a criminal. He is a thief. (He said, tearing up.)

KYLEE
What? Oh, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't know? I'm sorry Leon. (She said, hugging him.) This must be hard to take in.

LEON
I thought I could trust him. I thought that we didn't keep secrets from each other. (He said, as he began to cry.)

KYLEE
Hey look at me. Things will get better alright? (She said, wiping away his tears which made him smile.) I guess you still have that cute dimple.

Every time Leon would smile, it would reveal a dimple on his cheek. Kylee always found that cute.

LEON
Thanks for the compliment. (He then realizes something.) Oh and I bet they took Quinton.

KYLEE
They took Quinton?! (She exclaimed, as they both got on their feet.)

LEON
He gave himself up to them so that I could escape and see my dad. They must've taken him or even worse killed him.

KYLEE
Please don't say that Leon.

LEON
They had guns. They had a plan. They were going to... Um... What was it? Aha! They are after a van with money, I forgot how much but they said that they were gonna do that at Thornberry St.

KYLEE
Thornberry St!

LEON
We gotta call the police. Where's your phone?

KYLEE
Uh... It's at home, charging.

LEON
Okay then, let's go to your home.

Kylee nodded to Leon suggestion and they both go to the Coleman residence.

At Thornberry St. The gang was ready and waiting for a truck with money to come by. They stood there guns ready and patiently. Pablo approaches Malcolm and gives him an instruction.

PABLO
Listen in case cops show, we need hostages. So luckily for us, we have our own hostage in the trunk. Go get him out. (He instructed, as Malcolm followed his instruction.)

Malcolm went to the trunk of the hidden car and quickly noticed who it was. The curly haired, mixed complexion, best friend of Leon, Quinton Star. He was tied up and unconscious from all the blows he was taking as they drove the car. He covered his mouth in shock.